1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bad squeaking from suspension

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by THROUGHITALLDUDE, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Jan 11, 2010 at 11:04 PM
    THROUGHITALLDUDE

THROUGHITALLDUDE [OP] Someone didnt put the tailgate down!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    2005 Silver Tacoma
    285-75-17 Definity ATs - 16'' Chrome Moto Metal 951s - 4'' Maxtrac spindles - Rear Icon Progressive Leaf Pack - Magnaflow exhaust - Aftermarket LED Taillights - BHLM - Custom Wet Okle Seat Covers - Moog Tire Rods - US Spec Ipod - K&N High Flow Filter - Daytime Running Lights - TRD Skid Plate - Grillcraft - Hellas Mounted behind the grill
    ok so i went out to the truck and had the girlfriend jump on it and kept my hand on the sway it doesnt meet the coil at any time but we both we having a harder time getting it to squeak and i oiled up the bushings earlier so they are soaked in so maybe it is the bushing i hope it is i am taking to my buddies shops and he can locate it

2. Jan 11, 2010 at 11:06 PM
    jdkeller

jdkeller How many words can be fit in this s

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    She was jumping on the hood?

3. Jan 11, 2010 at 11:07 PM
    THROUGHITALLDUDE

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    2005 Silver Tacoma
    285-75-17 Definity ATs - 16'' Chrome Moto Metal 951s - 4'' Maxtrac spindles - Rear Icon Progressive Leaf Pack - Magnaflow exhaust - Aftermarket LED Taillights - BHLM - Custom Wet Okle Seat Covers - Moog Tire Rods - US Spec Ipod - K&N High Flow Filter - Daytime Running Lights - TRD Skid Plate - Grillcraft - Hellas Mounted behind the grill
    no when you just jump standing on the sides with the doors open it would squeak and it wasnt doing it as much this time

4. Jan 11, 2010 at 11:09 PM
    jdkeller

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    ok. let us know what happens tomorrow.

5. Jan 11, 2010 at 11:13 PM
    THROUGHITALLDUDE

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    2005 Silver Tacoma
    i will thanks for the help guys

6. Jan 12, 2010 at 8:37 AM
    THROUGHITALLDUDE

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    2005 Silver Tacoma
    Sounds good thanks man

7. Jan 14, 2010 at 2:47 PM
    THROUGHITALLDUDE

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    2005 Silver Tacoma
    WE FOUND THE SQUEAK......I took my truck to two different shops no one seemed to know where this squeak was coming from i lubed up everything possible....... tightened down everything......there was no result and finally one guy at one of the shops said oh i have come across this before check this out. he then hits right below my fender flare where it meets my front bumper and there was the squeak.....i guess he said that on the tacomas and some frontiers the fender flares start to move around and since i now have a stiffer suspension compared to stock it makes that flare move alot more cause that squeak to be even louder so i am getting new clips and i am going to figure something out to quiet down those flares on both sides

8. Jan 14, 2010 at 9:52 PM
    jdkeller

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    Nice. Glad it wasn't the suspension.

9. Jan 14, 2010 at 9:58 PM
    TRICOMA

TRICOMA Tacoma with the TRI package

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DC SB 4x4 TRD Off Road
    King Off-Road Shock Coilover 2.5 with Resi in the front. King Off-Road Shocks 2.5 with Resi's for the rears, Rear Spring TSB, KMC XD Enduros 16x8, Black Vinyl Fenders, Bed compartment locks, Cobra 19 DX IV with Lil Wil mag mount antenna, CoverKing Seat covers front and rear, Built Right UCAs, Aluminess Expedition Bumper, GY Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar 265/75-16, Custom hybrid style rock sliders.
    Dang...all that and it was the fender flares.

10. Jan 14, 2010 at 9:58 PM
    dysfunctnlretard

dysfunctnlretard Hi

Member:
    First Name:
    Manny
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2021 Jeep Rubicon
    :facepalm:

11. Apr 18, 2015 at 6:06 PM
    tacohound

tacohound Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Cape Cod
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCSB TRD Sport
    Smitty built light bar, 4 Hella 550's, Tan HLM and badges, Black sport rims
    so I had this same thing happen to me when my buddy and I installed my OME lift. I don't think its the bushing. when you put on the new coil overs they might have been put in slightly crooked. the top of the shock is rubbing against the top plate before the bushing. Take off the coil and shock and readjust it. hope this helps.

DISREGUARD, I DIDNT READ THE SECOND PAGE

Products Discussed in

To Top