1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Baja Designs La Paz

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Coast2Coast, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Nov 14, 2018 at 9:24 PM
    Coast2Coast

Coast2Coast [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northern Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRDOR
    Black Sand Pearl factory paint - flattened "au natural" by tree branches.
    Does anyone know what kind of bulb is in an 8" La Paz light? I took my burnt out bulb out and can't find anything to indicate what it is to replace it. It is a standard halogen version.

Also have they quit making halogens and HIDs? All they have on their website is the new LED versions. I emailed them asking if they can help me out_20181114_222034.jpg with my broken height adjuster on the light but they told me they don't service or produce those lights anymore. So they offered me a deal on a new set of LED lights if I traded in my old La Pazs. But those new LP9s are so ugly I'd rather keep my busted old La Pazs with the paint all chipped off and corroded, and now with zip ties holding them together they still look better lol.

Also does anyone know of any similar lights I could upgrade to, like something HID? I can't find anything that looks as good as the original 8" La Paz.

2. Nov 16, 2018 at 7:20 PM
    paranoid56

paranoid56 Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    14 double cab taco
    take a pic of the bulb. I havent seen those in years. And yes, BD no longer makes any hid or yours as its just old tech. LEDs are better in almost every way (downside is no heat in the winter snow so it doesnt melt on them)
    also, is it the red knob thats bad?

Products Discussed in

To Top