1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Baja Designs - The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Discussion in 'Vendor Reviews' started by Maurice365, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Nov 2, 2015 at 4:23 PM
    Maurice365

Maurice365 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    13 Tacoma DCLB
    The Ugly
    I got a call from my buddy that he was at a swap meet and found something I might be interested in. I rolled down there and found the ugliest set of 4 Baja Designs (BD) 6” PreRunner HIDs. They had seen better days but the guy swore they worked and I took the risk. They were covered in what looked like cement, the lenses were yellow, and one of them was cracked. I took them home and started cleaning them up and began planning how I was going to mount them before trying them out... Well only three out of four were working. I tried to figure out whether the ballast or bulb was bad but decided I would replace both. From trying out the working lights at night I absolute knew I NEEDED to have these lights…but I couldn’t find the bulb and ballast on the BD website and I came to TW to check if they had an account. BINGO! I sent a message here on the forum to Baja Designs.

The Good
    A couple hours later I received a message from Bailey, asking what kind of ballast I had and if I was the original owner. I figured out the ballast type and let him know that I was not the original owner. I was ready to pull out my card and send them some money to have the set. I got a message back the next Monday saying BD would be able to send me the bulb and ballast at no cost!!! GO TW!!! I ended up ordering the new lenses, gaskets, and wanted some decals to throw on my truck to thank them for the bulb and ballast. Well I got an invoice in my email and sent off payment without a second thought. When the box arrived I dug into it and found out I had not received what I had asked for. I asked for 4 gaskets, 4 lenses, and they were going to throw in the ballast and bulb. They never mentioned 4 new outer rings! I had in a box enough to make all 4 lights look brand new on top of the bulb and ballast for less than $75 to my door! Talk about standing behind their product! This is how you make a life long customer.

Thank you for taking care of TW members!

The Bad
    I finally decided how I want to mount these and now I have to fab an over a SuperTop rack... :rofl:

2. Nov 3, 2015 at 8:27 AM
    Baja Designs

Baja Designs The Scientist of Lighting Vendor

Member:
    San Marcos, CA
    David,

Thank You for the support! Always happy to help :D
    Post up some pics when you get everything fabbed up and mounted :cool:

Thank You,
    Bailey, Baja Designs

beertimecontinuum and T-Rex266 like this.
To Top