1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Baja Edition Tacoma Suspension

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Polarisman, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Mar 3, 2012 at 5:22 PM
    Polarisman

Polarisman [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Vidalia,LA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRd Sport Double Cab 4X4 with Factory 20's
    Factory Toyota 20 inch rims, on Bridgestone Tires In channel Ventvisors, Window Tint, Bed Mat, Running boards
    Hello everyone,

I have a 2011 Double Cab TRD Sport 4x4, I was curious if the new suspension setup that is coming on the Baja Tacoma would work on my truck? From the info I can gather, the front is lifted 2 inches with new coils and shocks, and new shocks in the rear. I would like to add that same suspension along with the leaf spring TSB to my truck. Also, my current tire size is 265/50/20 and I was wanted to upsize to a 275/55/20. I have stock toyota rims, not sure on the offset though. The difference would only be about 0.5 inches on the width, but would they rub anything? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and God Bless

Matt

2. Mar 3, 2012 at 5:28 PM
    Superdavert

Superdavert Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Athens, Ga
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD Sport DC SB
    MB Legacy wheels 285/70 17 BFG KO2s ProComp 2" leveling kit, Foglight anytime mod, Sockmonkey TRD Sport bedside decals, Extang Trifecta tonneau cover, Toyota bed extender, Aries black nerf bars, Pop & Lock
    I have 20" Enkei Deep Six wheels with 275/55 20 Hankook Dynapro ATm. I still have the stock suspension and mud flaps still on. They rub the flaps a little when I pull into parking spaces and turn in reverse. I know that I could solve that by taking them off, but they protect the paint from rocks.

I didn't see that you had factory 20" wheels. If they're the xsp wheels, you shouldn't have a problem. I wouldn't think.

Products Discussed in

To Top