1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

balancing ????

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by hard2kill, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Mar 2, 2013 at 3:52 PM
    hard2kill

hard2kill [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Rhinebeck NY
    Vehicle:
    06 4door trd sport white 6spd
    ...315's,2in bora wheel spacers,safari snorkel,wheel spacers,bruteforcefab rear bumper and sliders,afe filter,hi-lift jack,5100 with OME 886 & 1/2in spacer,allpro expo's,icon 10in rear shox,flip kit,ss brake lines,cobra cb,fog light mod,yellow fogs,weathertech mats,fullsize spare tire and extra sport rim,tinted windows,aeroturbine 2525 muffler dumped over axle...rear diff breather mod...removed factory spare...removed 2nd air filter...THULE roof rack and fairing....bud builts front to back,allpoo front bumper,BAMF lca skids,overland Offroad roof and bed racks,
    has anyone used sandbags or balance beads to balance there tires instead of weights? im considering this but have no experience with them :confused:

2. Mar 2, 2013 at 6:00 PM
    hard2kill

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Rhinebeck NY
    Vehicle:
    ...315's,2in bora wheel spacers,safari snorkel,wheel spacers,bruteforcefab rear bumper and sliders,afe filter,hi-lift jack,5100 with OME 886 & 1/2in spacer,allpro expo's,icon 10in rear shox,flip kit,ss brake lines,cobra cb,fog light mod,yellow fogs,weathertech mats,fullsize spare tire and extra sport rim,tinted windows,aeroturbine 2525 muffler dumped over axle...rear diff breather mod...removed factory spare...removed 2nd air filter...THULE roof rack and fairing....bud builts front to back,allpoo front bumper,BAMF lca skids,overland Offroad roof and bed racks,
  3. Mar 2, 2013 at 6:39 PM
    TacoDell

TacoDell Truck ~n~ Tow

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    '00 Tacoma SR5 4X
    Donahoe CO's, Deaver leaf paks, Lockright Locker, All Pro body armor ( sliders, front and rear bumpers ), All Pro under belly skids, Warn M8K w/Masterpull synthetic line, Dual Optima battery system, 4 ea LightForce Striker 170 offroad lights, 8 ea wired rock lights, and plenty more I'm sure
    sandbags :confused:

I use the sticky weights...
    because I wheel often on moderate trails...
    and any other wheel weight is going to get knocked off.

I paint the sticky weights black,
    because they're super ugly and muh wheels are black ;)

I have never lost one of those... evar :thumbsup:

I don't use balance beads... nor am I a fan

4. Mar 2, 2013 at 8:54 PM
    sbechtold

sbechtold Well-Known Member

Member:
    CA
    Vehicle:
    FJ40
    I used 10oz of airsoft pellets in my 37x12.5 MTR's mounted on Trail Ready HD 17" beadlocks on my rock crawler. Runs down the freeway at 80mph and is smooth as glass now. I have heard some say that the airsoft pellets will wear down and need to be replaced. No worries for me as I wanted to try these and see how it works out. So far so good...

5. Mar 3, 2013 at 5:44 AM
    hard2kill

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Rhinebeck NY
    Vehicle:
    Just regular air soft pellets? Hmmmm... How do u know how many to use do u have a link to a write up on this?

6. Mar 3, 2013 at 6:03 AM
    sbechtold

Member:
    CA
    Vehicle:
    FJ40
    If you search on pirate4x4.com, ttora.com, google or any of the jeepers forums you'll find a bunch of information on non-conventional balancing ideas. I don't really have a write-up perse, but here is a link to my build thread on another site that contains some information on the airsoft pellets.

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/2375184-post320.html

I used the tire charts for Dynabeads as a starting point. (see below) I ran Dynabeads many years ago and hated them, so wanted to try something else this time.

http://www.innovativebalancing.com/BigTirechart.htm (aggressive tread tire recomendations)
    http://www.innovativebalancing.com/tirechartmap.htm (choose your style tire here)

7. Mar 3, 2013 at 6:16 PM
    hard2kill

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Rhinebeck NY
    Vehicle:
    very cool thanx man...love your rig by the way...

8. Mar 3, 2013 at 7:35 PM
    sbechtold

Member:
    CA
    Vehicle:
    FJ40
    Thanks... I picked up a 2013 DCLB TRD Sport this weekend. Now need to start collecting parts for this one. Gonna make this one an expedition rig. Good luck with the balancing.

9. Mar 3, 2013 at 7:41 PM
    hard2kill

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Rhinebeck NY
    Vehicle:
    for an expo rig i highly recomend a full OME kit with LR uca's.....its the strongest with the least amount of maintenance ...unless u dont mind lubricating then icon mid travels with 700lbs king springs and some 12in rear shocks with allpro expo packs and bamf rear shock relocators and shackle flip :)

10. Mar 4, 2013 at 5:47 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    I had EQUAL tire balancing in my Jeep (35 X 12.50's). It worked great and never had a problem with it - even on the highway at 70mph.

The trick...is putting enough in each tire to work properly.

You CAN NOT use EQUAL with your factory TPMS (2nd gen trucks).

When you get EQUAL installed, they will put new valve stems in that have a little 'screen' to prevent the grains from coming out. We removed those (stems w/ screens) because our auto deflators wouldn't work. And actually, you never really lose any when airing up or down...... we always had a spare bag of EQUAL just in case. But...never had to use it.

11. Mar 4, 2013 at 5:49 AM
    MrGrimm

MrGrimm Mall Crawler

Member:
    First Name:
    Dean
    Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    2006 Toyota Tacoma 4WD w/TRD Sport Package
    See build page
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  12. Mar 16, 2014 at 9:13 PM
    RayTran

RayTran New Member

Member:
    Va
    ome springs,billstien shocks. 17 x 8.5 fuels w/ 285 nittos, 4.56 running gears custom grill and armor, kenwood nav w/ Rockford Fosgate speakers, sub amp
    Dyna Beads.....never look back

Products Discussed in

To Top