1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Banks or Magnaflow cat-back?

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by jvand678, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Sep 3, 2008 at 11:07 AM
    jvand678

jvand678 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lubbock, TX
    Vehicle:
    '12 Dbl CabTRD Sport 4x4 Black
    Westin Nerf bars, full window tint, redline hood struts, Icon Coilovers, Wheeler Add a Leaf 3 pack (on its way)
    I know the whole which is the "best" exhaust has been hashed out and hashed out. I've pretty much narrowed it down to 2, the banks monster and the magnaflow.

There are a few people on here that have the banks installed and have chimed in on some threads and a lot of you with the magnaflow. After listening to a basic sound clip they both sound great.

I'd like to go with which ever one seems to be giving more positive dyno reads but can't find anything showing either of them.

If any of you guys have either had experience with both or have some numbers to reference I'd really appreciate it.

thanks,

Joe

2. Sep 3, 2008 at 2:24 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    If you search around a bit you will find a thread about the fact that cat back installations are not as effective as everyone would believe.

You can spend 5-9 hundred on a cat-back or like 100 to get a new muffler and some tubing. Look for the thread-It goes more in depth.

3. Sep 3, 2008 at 9:41 PM
    Ridingontrd

Ridingontrd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Laughlin,N.V
    Vehicle:
    trd sport 4x4 w/towpkg
    aFe prodry,Dynomax ultra flo ss,Scangauge2,Demello front bumper,BudBuilt skids,sliders(local)AllPro rear bumper,Wet O's cobalt blu,w/halfpiping,TRD logo in gold,R/L hood struts,5150's@10"aal 3 pack,T/C uca,Light racing c/o,1"diff.drop,de-badged,
    From what I've read on the Banks.Their pipes are 3" in & 3" out.You would loose a lot of low end pwr. and torque.:) Staying w/2.5 pipes would be better.imoa.

Products Discussed in

To Top