1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Battery install

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Strider, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Apr 9, 2012 at 2:35 PM
    Strider

Strider [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Pete
    NH
    Vehicle:
    12 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Bestop softtop, Step rails, Husky liners, Stinger Pro battery. More to come.
    I wanted to post this so anyone who comes across this issue will know that it can be done. I had a brand new Stinger 2000 watt battery that I took from my truck I traded in for the Tacoma. Upon trying to install it I noticed that the terminal posts were backwards. I finally found these terminal leads at Autozone that would extend the stock cables, which were way too tight to reach across. Stinger came with a side mount or top mount so I used the top mount posts and screws and just pushed the posts through the bottom of the boot, after removing the screw the came with them as they were the wrong thread. I had to solder the power lead that went into the fuse box(but thats because I don't like crimping). The battery mount "J" hook had to be adjusted and I put two big rubber washers I had for spacers. But its snug and works great. I'm sure it looks hacked for some but I did also shrink tube all the connections and tape them as well.

[​IMG]

2. Apr 9, 2012 at 2:40 PM
    H Bomb

H Bomb Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    SAS'd 92 Pickup/08 SR5 Tacoma
    Thanks for the info! I am about to buy a battery with switched terminal posts but have been debating whether it will be too much of a pain or not. Now I'm going t go for it!

3. Apr 9, 2012 at 4:31 PM
    Strider

Strider [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Pete
    NH
    Vehicle:
    12 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Bestop softtop, Step rails, Husky liners, Stinger Pro battery. More to come.
    It's not too bad. Just make sure you have everything before cutting the stock connectors. Imagine how high my pulse was when I found out the threads were different on the Autozone leads :eek:

Products Discussed in

To Top