1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

battery question

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by jtav2002, May 31, 2012.

1. May 31, 2012 at 3:36 PM
    jtav2002

jtav2002 [OP] Kenny Fuckin Powers

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Reading, PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra DBL Cab TRD OR
    So I have a Yamaha golf cart at our place at the beach. It has 6 batteries and last weekend I smelled an electrical burning smell and moments later it died. Took a look and the first battery that has the + connection coming from the motor had the terminal melt.:eek: Any idea what would cause this? I had someone tell me if the connection wasn't tight on the terminal that it could have started arcing and eventually caused it to melt. I know everything was tight when I re-connected all the batteries a few weeks.

At any rate, the cable is still kind of connected to the battery but the terminal is melted over and the bolt and wire connection are all melted into one piece now. I was hoping I could at least get the nut off and pull off the connection and just need a new battery. But looks like I'll have to cut the wire from the battery just to get the damaged battery out, and naturally have to do a new connection on the end of the wire. I'm not terribly knowledgeable with batteries, since the cable is still connected to the battery, albeit in a melted not getting power kind of way, will i get shocked if I get go to cut the cable just behind the melted terminal and connection?

Products Discussed in

To Top