1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bed Cap Photos

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by AUDITECH, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Sep 12, 2007 at 7:02 PM
    AUDITECH

AUDITECH [OP] Carolina Alliance: LAZY DIVISION

Member:
    charlotte nc
    Vehicle:
    07 double cab prerunner
    none
    Looking for some bed cap photos. Not covers. Pb max has one i think. And for those that have them how hard to install and take off if need be thank you.

2. Sep 12, 2007 at 11:12 PM
    pb2themax

pb2themax Mod Master

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4x4
    I'd search the 05+ Tacoma sections on www.CarDomain.com

You should find several tacomas with shells there.

3. Sep 13, 2007 at 9:30 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    hey pb, does it take two people to take your shell off or can you do it solo? how much does it weigh approximately?

4. Sep 13, 2007 at 10:16 AM
    pb2themax

pb2themax Mod Master

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4x4
    It would be hard to do, but it's possible. I would guess the shell weighs around 150-200 lbs. Personally, I wouldn't risk doing it by myself. It would be stupid to tear up the shell or the truck because you couldn't wait for somebody to help you.

It's thick fiberglass, Glass windows, and the roof is lined with 3/4" plywood for strength. So it all adds up to some weight.

5. Sep 14, 2007 at 8:24 AM
    Rich Swanner

Rich Swanner Well-Known Member

Member:
    N.California
    Vehicle:
    2007 Black PreRunner DC V6 SR5 LB
    Leer 100R Shell NXT Tech Wax
    I have a Leer on my Ranger and probably will get one for my Prerunner Double Cab. Leer,Snugtop , and A.R.E. are the better of the caps. I have a Leer 100R on the Ranger with everything they run $1400 with tax and installation. They factory paint code match the color. pb's is closer to $2000 and very cool. All the sites have pics on the truck you have as well as the size/fit charts. http://www.leer.com/ http://www.snugtop.com/index.php http://www.4are.com/ A.R.E. has a CX that runs about $1250 with everything. That is the best price not the best cap. though. These are California prices. I have noticed better regional ones. Depending on the one you like it could be less. Mine has a headliner ,12 volt light, sliding windows with screens, double lock fold-down front sliding window(for cleaning) third brake light, and all the little extras. I will get the 100R 100XLT,or the 100XL by Leer. They are all first rate, those three brands....Rich

6. Sep 14, 2007 at 11:24 AM
    pb2themax

pb2themax Mod Master

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4x4
    I contacted SnugTop. They said 160 to 170 lbs. The long bed would be around 190-200 lbs.

I got mine on Ebay from a Toyota dealer that took the shell off of a new Tacoma that had it as an option from the factory. I paid $800. :D

Keep an eye on Ebay and Craigslist. I saw a few silver Snugtop shells for sale on Craigslist last week.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.

Products Discussed in

To Top