1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bed Covers

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Bannyboy, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Aug 17, 2018 at 8:09 AM
    Bannyboy

Bannyboy [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Florence, s.c.
    Vehicle:
    2012 DBL TRD Sport 4x4
    just want to make this post so you don’t make the same mistake as I have. Purchased a G4 Elite Fold-A-Cover in the Spring of 2015 which has structural failure and is only about three years old, paid over $800 direct to Fold-A-Cover. The cover is warranted for two years and Fold-A-Cover will not “STAND BEHIND THEIR COVERS. After contacting Jon Johnson ( customer service ) at Fold a Cover states that someone sat on cover and damaged it; Fold a Cover excuse for not standing behind their Covers. I am a retired person who very seldom leaves this truck unattended, and very seldom haul anything in it, their has been no one setting on it and this is definitely a factory defect. I am making this post so that you will not make the same mistake as I have; I would have greatly appreciated someone making this post before I purchased a Fold a Cover....

djgynee and irayfz6 like this.
  2. Aug 17, 2018 at 11:26 AM
    buckhuntin-tacoma

buckhuntin-tacoma Shed hunter

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Quincy IL
    Vehicle:
    2014 Spruce Mica Tacoma DCLB
    4 inch lift - complete blackout, n-fab step bars, Black Horse bull bar, 20 inch light bar, anytime fog lights, added led day running lights, Fuel wheels and Falken Wildpeak tires ,custom fit seat covers, Gatorback mud gaurds
    Welcome to TW...Good to know!!

3. Aug 17, 2018 at 3:45 PM
    irayfz6

irayfz6 TTC #0249

Member:
    First Name:
    Joey
    McAlester, OK
    Vehicle:
    2014 Black SR5 4x4 Access Cab
    Welcome!

buckhuntin-tacoma likes this.
  4. Aug 17, 2018 at 3:56 PM
    Clearwater Bill

Clearwater Bill Never answer an anonymous letter

Member:
    First Name:
    Billy
    Largo Florida
    Vehicle:
    '13 5 lug AC w/convenience package
    A few OE parts from fancy trucks
    I'm confused. So it's a year beyond warranty, right?

Are you taking your 2012 Tacoma back to Toyota for work on an expired warranty? Do you return sour milk to the grocery a couple days after the expiration date?

Sorry the product didn't work out for you. Complaining/warning about the durability would be one thing. But to claim they don't stand behind something that is a year out of warranty is just, well,

[​IMG]

MFTAF13 likes this.
  5. Aug 17, 2018 at 4:09 PM
    djgynee

djgynee Well-Known Member

Member:
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    2018 Magnetic Grey Metallic Tacoma DCLB TRD Sport
    Let’s be clear. He owns a 2012 but PURCHASED the item in question in 2015. I get what hes saying. Yes it maybe be outside the warranty period but NOBODY expects failure right outside the warranty period. Especially I product that’s meant for everyday use. USUALLY a good company with a great product tha doesn’t have a high failure rate will at least meet you half way on a new one if not replacement for free. I’ve experienced this on various products outside the warranty but have always had success in getting a replacement granted in wasn’t abused or misused in someway

6. Aug 17, 2018 at 4:19 PM
    Clearwater Bill

Clearwater Bill Never answer an anonymous letter

Member:
    First Name:
    Billy
    Largo Florida
    Vehicle:
    '13 5 lug AC w/convenience package
    A few OE parts from fancy trucks
    If you'll read my post, I'm quite clear. I quoted him, and by those quotes, yes, he's a year past warranty.

For someone to claim 'the product failed way to early for it's cost' in a forum posting would be totally legit.

To claim 'they won't stand behind their product', if it was within the 2 year warranty, and they did not, totally legit.

To claim 'they won't stand behind their product', one year outside the warranty period is bogus. Don't think so? Ask your favorite ambulance chasing lawyer. He'd laugh and walk away.

If it's a whole year outside the warranty period I don't even ask.

I just chalk it up to experience and move on.

7. Aug 17, 2018 at 6:01 PM
    Bannyboy

Bannyboy [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Florence, s.c.
    Vehicle:
    2012 DBL TRD Sport 4x4
    Sorry about the double post; first time making a post and definitely having trouble navigating the website..... to Clearwater Bill I agree about the warranty expiring, however I feel that if Fold a Cover was a stand up company they would have at least tried to work out the problem with me. All I have tried to do is bring awareness of the problem I have had with my Fold a Cover. There is a lot of good manufacturers of hard covers out there; if you think a $800 cover should not last but three years the I’m not smelling what you’re stepping in......

djgynee likes this.
  8. Aug 20, 2018 at 12:22 PM
    djgynee

djgynee Well-Known Member

Member:
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    2018 Magnetic Grey Metallic Tacoma DCLB TRD Sport
    Exactly. If my product failed one year after warranty I would attempt to work with my consumer. As for the “ambulance chasing lawyer walking away laughing” is idiotic. No one is suggesting a lawsuit. And that poster is a pushover saying I just chalk it up to experience, as I chalk it up to being pro active as I walk away with my new cover and the company tries to see why their product failed in its early life stage warranty or not. It’s not a battery with a dying cell. It under “normal” use should last years. It wasn’t $29.89 at Walmart. $800 bucks is enough to expect a good 7 years at least. I’ve contacted various companies over the years over various products of various price ranges and have always got a replacement and the company would use the broken product to improvement on the next series

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
  9. Aug 20, 2018 at 4:35 PM
    Bannyboy

Bannyboy [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Florence, s.c.
    Vehicle:
    2012 DBL TRD Sport 4x4
    Thx djgynee for your post; good to know someone is on the same page as me.....

djgynee likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top