1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bed racks for 1st gens. Where to find?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Matic, Dec 11, 2010.

1. Dec 29, 2010 at 8:09 AM
    Box Rocket

Box Rocket Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Syracuse, Utah
    Vehicle:
    1995 FZJ80 Land Cruiser
    3xLocked, lifted, well used
    Nearly all rooftop tents are designed with very strong hinges that brace against each other when open to help support the open half of the tent. Also, the ladder provides much of the support as well. They are very sturdy, and safe. A friend of mine essentially lived in his rooftop tent for almost 6 months when I drove from the Canadian border to the southern tip of S. America. His was an Eezi-Awn tent. They are one of the very best available IMO. His tent has had lots of use and is still in excellent shape.

The nicest thing about the tents is that even the smaller ones are about the size of a queen size mattress inside and have a thick foam mattress in them. When I've used my tent, I was able to leave all my bedding in the tent and fold it up each day during the trip so there was no need to pack and unpack bedding every day. Just arrive at your campsite, open your tent and climb in bed. All in about 30 seconds.

2. Dec 30, 2010 at 2:04 AM
    RT100

RT100 Member

Member:
    MN
    stock
    thanks for the great info! Also, I have to add that your truck is one of my favorites on here. everything is so tastefully done, and it looks really really nice.

Products Discussed in

To Top