1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bed wiring to Cab

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by longbow, Nov 23, 2008.

1. Nov 23, 2008 at 11:25 AM
    longbow

longbow [OP] I see you now..................

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Silver Mica TRD 4 Door
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    Doing a mod and need info..
    first off how do you remove the open pockets in the bed?
    Also how did you all run wires into the cab, I am planning on sending them down the open pocket (I want to remove and make the hole bigger and re-install), but I need a way into the cab. I have the 4 door model, and am running it from the drivers side.

2. Nov 23, 2008 at 2:50 PM
    t-frax

t-frax Well-Known Member

Member:
    Cali
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRUNNER TRD Sports Pkg, Black
    Pop&Lock, Bakflip, spare tire lock, folding hitch step, alarm, n-fab steps, more to come hopefully
    there probably is a way more simplier way but i would just bring it all the way to the engine bay and then through the firewall gromment thats already there.

3. Nov 23, 2008 at 8:51 PM
    camsbored

camsbored Well-Known Member

Member:
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner DC/Sport/LB
    Kenwood DNX8120, Homelink mirror, Valentine One hardwire
    I'm sure there is more than one, but I know there is one directly under the driver door. If you remove the plastic moulding over the carpet in the driver's doorway (can't remember the correct term, but it just pulls right off) you'll have access to the top, the bottom is easily seen from under the truck. This is where I ran my backup camera wiring. Easy!

4. Nov 24, 2008 at 6:45 AM
    longbow

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    Thanks for the heads up, will give it a shot when I get back from florida.

5. Nov 24, 2008 at 6:51 AM
    Hotdog

Hotdog My hair is all natural Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    Wet Okole Underwear
    I believe there is a grommet behind the rear right seat. You'll probably have to take out the plastic tray behind the seat to access it. I'm assuming you're doing some sort of inverter, switched lighting, or switched 12V power.

6. Nov 24, 2008 at 6:57 AM
    cam-shaft

cam-shaft Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pacific Northwest
    Vehicle:
    DCTRDOFFRD
  7. Nov 24, 2008 at 7:02 AM
    longbow

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    I am doing some switched lighting, and maybe something else down the road if I find the right pathway.
    It was darkthirty last week when I could of used some light (more than a flash light).
    Knew I should of started/finished this mod months ago....:eek:

8. Nov 24, 2008 at 7:17 AM
    Hotdog

Hotdog My hair is all natural Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    Wet Okole Underwear
    I'd mount the relays under your hood and run the main power under the cab and the switch wire into the cab through the firewall.

Products Discussed in

To Top