1. VENDOR WARNING: There are reports of customers unable to get in contact with this vendor. Therefore, we cannot recommend purchasing from this vendor until Tacoma World staff are able to establish contact with them again.
  2. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Beefed Sliders for 05+ ACLB & 4DSB

Discussion in 'Beefed Taco' started by Beefed Taco, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Nov 12, 2013 at 7:58 PM
    kbraunphoto

kbraunphoto mountain bike haulin' & off camping

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Atlanta, GA
    Vehicle:
    '15 Inferno Orange TRD Pro
    Just a few expensive & DIY things...

What's the price damage to ship to 30345?
    Would love a pair, but the East coast doesn't get much love.

2. Dec 30, 2013 at 12:22 PM
    Eric F

Eric F Well-Known Member

Member:
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    2014 DC SB TRD-OR 4x4
    Anytime fog lights, U.S. Off Road-Winch Mount Bumper, diff breather, Doug Thorley mid pipe
    Hmmm...
    E

3. Jan 25, 2014 at 1:44 AM
    4x4Taco09

4x4Taco09 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dane
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport 4x4 BSP DC LB
    Kings, Deavers, Brute Force, Prinsu, Lights, all the stuff
    Im in need of some DCLB sliders… may even like the pickup, but I'm not 100% sure just yet

4. Apr 3, 2014 at 10:55 PM
    MOT

MOT Prez of @BattleBornToyotas

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 DB DC 4X4 Sr5 Sport
    Black Housing Head, Custom Retro fit, T-Rex #2 Eyelids 50 inch ToughLight Radius Bar and 2 20 inch Bars behind grill with BAMF mount, T-Rex #2 Eyelids, Custom Vegas Dezert Fab Front Bumper and Rock Sliders,Wet Okole's, WeatherTech Mats, Magnaflow Exhaust, Pro Comp 6 InchStage 2 Lift, K&N Intake,
    How long is the wait time right now?

5. Apr 3, 2014 at 11:19 PM
    MikeyTG

MikeyTG Oh Herro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Oahu
    Pass it please!

6. Apr 4, 2014 at 12:27 AM
    luka

luka Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle:
    Prerunner -> 4WD Converted
    Pelfreybilt, Warn, BAMF, DTRL toggle on/off, FJ OEM Fog/Aux Light switches, 2012 lower center console swap, wired in auto-dimming rear view mirror, Wet-Okole inside, Weathertech , Rigid, Tint, Roto-Pax, Bestop, OME, Extended SS brake lines, TRD TX Pro/Baja Graphite 16" Rims
  7. Apr 4, 2014 at 5:23 AM
    xmods

xmods Super Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathaniel
    Kaneohe
    Vehicle:
    10' PRO-4X CC, modded..
    Too long to list :D
  8. Apr 4, 2014 at 9:34 AM
    Beefed Taco

Beefed Taco [OP] Taco Vending Machine

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    My Metal Shop
    Vehicle:
    99 Taco
    streetacos.com parts!
    Since squint0141, whoever this guy is, he's not even the person who bought the sliders, doesn't want to give you guys any info other than a few pics and a few nasty comments, I'll let people know what you're looking at.

These were plated sliders. I chose to lay the plate down first, then add the 5 legs (inner braces) in and weld them as far as I could get around them. The sliders are made from 1-3/4" diameter material, and the braces are 1-1/2" material.

The pics he posted look extra horrible because what you're looking at is a set of sliders that has had the plate cut off (after they arrived, see the cut marks in the tubing that could have been avoided) and you can also notice the spot welds on the slider main tube where the plates were welded on.

There was plenty of weld on each inner brace to allow these sliders to be jacked on, slid over rocks, anything you would throw at them. The buyer didn't like the fact that the welds didn't go all the way around. They went almost all the way until I had to stop due to the plate.

I simply chose to do them this way knowing there wouldn't be any issues but it seems I made a bad choice in this case. I offered to send him a new set and cover shipping. From CA to HI. There's no mention of that in the post is there? I sent multiple emails offering this, and will be sending another as soon as I'm done with this post. This could have been kept between the customer and myself, and a lesson learned the hard way for me, which is how many of us learn things, but coming onto a public forum and stirring up needless controversy doesn't seem necessary in my opinion. It's why I don't really venture onto auto forums anymore, just too much drama.

These are the sliders below. Same set. When the customer told me he was going to come on here and post up a bunch of pics, I said I wasn't even going to come here and defend myself, especially since I should be in the shop WORKING this very moment, but I thought I'd try to shed a little light and let people know what they're actually looking at and give them some real information instead of 4 pics and a few stupid comments.

RS ORG 1.jpg
    RS ORG 2.jpg
    RS NORG 1.jpg
    captured201132600002.jpg

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  9. Apr 4, 2014 at 9:59 AM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Well that makes more sense

I've seen Beefed sliders up close and the welds and workmanship were very good , that's why I was suprised at the pics posted earlier

10. Apr 4, 2014 at 10:04 AM
    bullaculla

bullaculla IKA fabrications

Member:
    Da big big island!
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCSB Tacoma 4X4 TRD Off Road
    All pro 3 link SAS kit, Diamond axle, kings on 37" MTR/K
    Yes those are my sliders. Squint is a good friend who is probably just as upset as I am and reposted those here. I never intended this to go this far. I am just frustrated because I have waited over 9 months for these, and as soon as I get them and turned them over, I noticed they were not welded all the way around. That is a big issue for me being in Hawaii because most of our mud pits are right next to the ocean and are mostly salt water. Brain says they are strong enough even tho they are not welded all around, but what happens after a few years of being full of dirty salt water? The heat affected steel will rust much faster and will lose its structural integrity. I just think fitting the plating first is a shortcut. They should be welded completely and then ground to fit the plating.
    Brian has offered to build me a new set, fully welded and plated. I am going to take him up on that offer and they should be what I was hoping for. Everything else about the sliders is great.

11. Apr 4, 2014 at 10:32 AM
    Beefed Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    My Metal Shop
    Vehicle:
    99 Taco
    streetacos.com parts!
    I understand Iven's frustration. He did wait forever. He was one of the unfortunate ones who got caught up in a horrific back log that I experienced during the later months of 2013 and am just now getting lead times back to normal. This is a hard business, especially when you are fortunate enough to receive orders in this economy that doesn't seem to be getting much better. I do this work solo and can't afford help.

I'm at that fine line of realizing that it's way too much work for one guy, but not being able to bring anyone in since orders are never a guarantee. Working for yourself is hard. I do strive for a high quality product, and I do make any issue that may pop up right, believe me, trying to move forward but going backward isn't fun. But sometimes it's necessary. It's important for people to know, I wasn't trying to rush these, just chose to do the plating the way I did, and would have never sent a product I didn't think would hold up.

I've seen other vendors on here who make really good products and rival the big company's prices and have their lead times set at 3-5 months, and that's with helpers in the shop.

I'm trying to decide if it's time to go get a normal job that I'll hate and get treated like a slave, but collect that precious paycheck every two weeks, or keep working extremely long days and move the business forward. It's a tough call.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  12. Apr 4, 2014 at 10:38 AM
    Doc.SS

Doc.SS ︻╦╤─

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    O'side
    Vehicle:
    T4R SR5
    Your products are great. I'm willing to come cut, bend, and anything else. I don't need to get paid.
    Frank

13. Apr 4, 2014 at 12:06 PM
    huli467

huli467 Turning Octopus

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Honolulu
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport 4x4
    The world is big...and I want to have a good look at it...before it gets dark - John Muir
    Nice to see a situation come out right. In today's environment of purchasing online and sight unseen sometimes, it's much harder to contain oneself when a dissatisfaction occurs. You definitely are a "MAN" for standing behind your work & product. Your offer to Iven demonstrates that and it shouldn't misguide you that what you're doing isn't right for your future. I suggest you keep moving forward and hold your head up high. Aloha.

14. Apr 4, 2014 at 1:04 PM
    MOT

MOT Prez of @BattleBornToyotas

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 DB DC 4X4 Sr5 Sport
    Black Housing Head, Custom Retro fit, T-Rex #2 Eyelids 50 inch ToughLight Radius Bar and 2 20 inch Bars behind grill with BAMF mount, T-Rex #2 Eyelids, Custom Vegas Dezert Fab Front Bumper and Rock Sliders,Wet Okole's, WeatherTech Mats, Magnaflow Exhaust, Pro Comp 6 InchStage 2 Lift, K&N Intake,
    Soooo if I Order what is the wait time?? Bolt on dcsb wide ones

15. Apr 4, 2014 at 1:09 PM
    raycie

raycie Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oahu, HI
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCLB / 2016 4R Trail
    In need of $$$
  16. Apr 4, 2014 at 4:37 PM
    xmods

xmods Super Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathaniel
    Kaneohe
    Vehicle:
    10' PRO-4X CC, modded..
    Too long to list :D
    bullaculla is a good friend so I'm very happy you guys have resolved this issue :)

I think the rust issue was the main problem, not necessarily strength. Its like putting in a new bathtub and only caulking on the sides and the front, not on the back wall; it's mostly sealed, but not sealed enough.

In any event, there are too few small fab shops out there! I think you should hang in there as long as you can, and then hang in a few weeks longer!

17. Apr 4, 2014 at 4:48 PM
    Beefed Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    My Metal Shop
    Vehicle:
    99 Taco
    streetacos.com parts!
    Don't worry about it Rick, it's all good. I think we're all on the same page. The majority of guys on this forum are real good people, I've never had internet battles with any of them and I appreciate your explanation earlier. I have no problem coming into my threads and explaining things. Showing one's face and being honest about stuff always goes a long way.

18. Apr 4, 2014 at 6:18 PM
    SKULLY

SKULLY Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    06 DCSB
    I have a set of Brian's bolt on sliders and love them! Slider and welds were top notch on mine. Haven't really bashed on them but they are strong and I use the hi-lift to jack the truck up all the time with no problem. I live in so cal and am close enough that I was able to go to Brian's shop and order my set and meet with him. Like said above, he is a one man shop and things can take a little longer but I love his design and it was worth the wait for me. Brian is a hard working stand up guy. I guess that it is unfortunate in our online world that you can't look someone in the eye and shake their hand when doing business with them. Good to hear that Brian is going to take care of Iven.

19. May 21, 2014 at 7:48 PM
    bullaculla

bullaculla IKA fabrications

Member:
    Da big big island!
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCSB Tacoma 4X4 TRD Off Road
    All pro 3 link SAS kit, Diamond axle, kings on 37" MTR/K
    I got my second set of sliders today, and I have to say that Brian is a man of his word. This second set looks very well made. Fully welded tubes and the top plating is 1/8" thick. This is a set I will be proud to have on my truck. He built me a second set and paid for shipping to Hawaii. I offered to pay for the shipping since I now have 2 sets, and I plan on selling a set. I don't want to profit off his mistake, and I don't want him eating all the cost. I just want what I paid for. But he would not accept my offer to pay for shipping. Brian kept insisting he will pay for it. After about 5 emails back and forth, he finally caved and is going to let me pay for half the shipping :cool:
    Brian is a good guy and man of his word. Just needs to hire a helper or apprentice, and stay in contact with his customers.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Jul 5, 2014 at 4:47 PM
    DesertSand

DesertSand Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Pedro, CA
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB Nautical Blue
    Good to see your came through. Hopefully mine are next..

To Top