1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Been Out of the Audio Scene for Years

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by armyofsquirrels, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Oct 9, 2012 at 1:21 PM
    armyofsquirrels

armyofsquirrels [OP] Embrace the Suck!

Member:
    First Name:
    Chip
    Sykesville MD
    Vehicle:
    2015 V6 6Spd Tacoma DCSB Offroad in Pyrite Mica
    See Build Page.
    So as the title states, I've been out of the audio scene for some time now. I was wondering WHAT is a good Top Performance and a good Mid Range Performance speaker anymore. Back when I was into swapping out audio systems, Alpine and Rockford were good choices.

Are they still good?

I know it depends on what you are looking for so this is what I'm looking for, I like crisp and clean sound. Deep bass and clear highs. I'm planning on a component setup with a 6x9 with a separate tweeter. So what would be a good brand anymore?

2. Oct 9, 2012 at 4:38 PM
    brian

brian Another Traitor

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 F-250 Powerstroke
    6x9's aren't very popular these days. Component systems are the way to go, 6.5's are what the majority of us run. Alpine and Rockford are still 'good' choices. Alpines speakers aren't my forte, Rockford still makes good subs in my opinion, currently running a single 10 shallow in the back.

Read through a bunch of threads on the first page here, you'll find alot of our preferences. It ultimately comes down to how much you want to spend. If you like crisp, clean sound though, I highly recommend the HU I just purchased, the DEH-80PRS in an active crossover setup. I am running that along with JL Slash series amps, Hertz 6.5's and JL coaxials in the rear doors. Can't ask for much better in my opinion. Read some of the recent threads and you'll see though! We bicker and go back and forth alot.

3. Oct 10, 2012 at 2:29 AM
    armyofsquirrels

armyofsquirrels [OP] Embrace the Suck!

Member:
    First Name:
    Chip
    Sykesville MD
    Vehicle:
    2015 V6 6Spd Tacoma DCSB Offroad in Pyrite Mica
    See Build Page.
    Thanks for the insight, yea I'm lazy and wanted to skip the back and forth bickering and just get to the meat of the conversation so I decided to through it out there. I've never heard of Hertz, but I have heard of JL.

Products Discussed in

To Top