1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Beer Chicken

Discussion in 'Food Talk' started by genxer36, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Jan 17, 2010 at 9:53 PM
    genxer36

genxer36 [OP] Lord of Tomfoolery

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Bethlehem,GA
    Tow package, XM Satellite radio, K & N Air filter, & Channel Vent Visors
    I cooked this Friday night.
    It was awesome!

Take a whole chicken split it down the middle @ the bone side. Leave the to halves together. Poor beer on it & salt,pepper, season all. Heat grill. Put chicken in bone side down. Turn gas off under chicken. Just have opposite burner on low to med. If you have wood chips for smoking put a few wet ones in. I used hickory.

OK now for the basting sauce. In microwave safe container. Put 1/2 cup butter, 2 tablespoons of garlic powder, 12oz beer. Microwave 2 minutes or till butter is melted.

Cook chicken 45 minutes or till skin bubbles. Baste chicken with beer butter (next time I will periodically baste with beer butter through the cooking process). Flip chicken over(bones may be black, that is OK). Poke holes in rib membrane with a fork. Ladle butter beer in cavity. Add garlic powder to burner(it will flame up). Close lid. Every 5 minutes ladle beer butter & do garlic in the fire till sauce is gone. Take up when chicken is done & enjoy.
    [​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top