1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Before and after pix Toytec U.L.K. + question

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Jimirich, May 5, 2009.

1. Nov 16, 2009 at 12:16 PM
    Jimirich

Jimirich [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 Dbl cab shorty O.R. pkg
    DTRL, Debadged, Donkey tethered in the bed that rips 142 db farts so I can piss off the neighbors and rattle the windows on my house when I'm parked in front.
    It seems that for every post that says a carrier bearing drop kit solved the problem, there is another post that says it made no difference. The two previous posts are prime example.
    For every post that says shims resolved it there's one that says shims did nothing.

Black Rock said:
    loosen the carrier bearing bolts and let the drive shaft "re-align" itself.

Does that mean just that?? loosen the bolts let the shaft come loose and then tighten it up again or do you loosen it up, drive slowly and then tighten it up?
    More nebulous solutions

Maybe I'll try the cb drop kit but I have my reservations. And there is also shipping to Hawaii for the "Its only $11.00 " crowd

2. Nov 16, 2009 at 1:02 PM
    Black Rock Taco

Black Rock Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Winnemucca and Reno, NV, Oakland CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 DBL Cab Tundra
    None, yet
    Here's the link I referred to. Read in particular #6, explains the driveline movement when loosening the bolts. Read ALL the posts in all the pages, a lot of interesting and useful info. Don't be afraid to search here AND Google your questions. This stuff is out there.

3. Nov 16, 2009 at 2:25 PM
    PropJet

PropJet Well-Known Member

Member:
    KS
    Vehicle:
    '09 DC TRD Off Road
    ToyTec Ultimate Lift Kit, Moto Metal 955's, GoodYear DuraTrac 265/75/16's, N-Fab Nerf Bar
    I guess I'm just having a hard time understanding your logic. First you state that you'd rather replace the driveshaft and shims before you try the carrier bearing drop kit. Now, I don't have any idea what a new TW driveshaft runs, but I bet it's a hell of a lot more than $11. Then, you complain about the shipping on a small $11 package (how much could it really be? $20 or $30 maybe?).

You have the Toytec ULK, plus new wheels and tires, so I estimate you have at least $2500 wrapped up in this project (probably more), yet you're complaining about a few dollars shipping on a cheap part that may fix your problem?

Products Discussed in

To Top