1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

bench seat swap...

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by karlkx3, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Jul 25, 2010 at 10:04 PM

karlkx3 [OP] Member

Dec 18, 2009
    First Name:
    97 Taco
    Broken Exhaust right after the cat... So its an exhaust manifold and cat, really really LOUD!!!
    just wondering if anyone has ever made a bench seat to bucket swap. i have a 97 single cab with a blown out bench and am looking to put in stock buckets. has anyone else done this and could help me out with some pointers? thanks!!!
  2. Jul 26, 2010 at 8:14 AM

yota32 Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2010
    I now have a 2001 single cab but when I had my 98 with the split front bench, I replaced it with an old SR5 (which was actually the limited model) bucket seat. I had to drill new holes in the back and put it on spacers so it was high enough, but it worked. I also had to install a center console for an armrest as well. It was all toyota truck equipment which is what I would stick with. Just go to a junk yard and look around; gaurantee you'll find some seats. You could even use 4Runner seats although that may require more modification to fit them. If you don't feel comfortable installing the seats, just bring them to a local body/detail shop and they'll install them for you. Like I said, I have a 2001 single cab SR5 so it already has the buckets stock and they are waaaay more comfortable than the old split bench I had in my 98. Putting buckets in your truck would vastly improve the comfort. Good luck
To Top