1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bench seats in Reg cabs

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by drmweaver08, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Sep 6, 2008 at 12:53 PM
    drmweaver08

drmweaver08 [OP] New Member

Member:
    nashville
    Vehicle:
    04 Reg cab 4X4
    Hey everybody, just bought a 04 Reg cab 4X4 and I hate that bench seat. Any companies selling easy bolt in mods for 2 bucket seats? If not, any good seat cover companies people can recommend?

Many thanks.

2. Sep 6, 2008 at 1:31 PM
    taconinja

taconinja Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pittsburgh
    Vehicle:
    08 Base 4X4
    I'm considering getting some buckets out of an access or double cab from the salvage yard. They should just bolt up. I notice the bench has 4 bolts, but I am wondering if there is a welded nut hiding under the carpet where the other bolts would go for the bucket seats. We got a leather interior for our Durango from the one yard we know of for $100. I am wondering if 4Runner/FJ or Lexus GX470 seats will work since they are built on the same frame.

3. Oct 8, 2008 at 3:11 PM
    Coheednme13

Coheednme13 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    MattDaddy
    Elgin, SC
    Vehicle:
    11 DC TRD Sport
    I want to do this also but unless the bucket seats only have 3 bolts each than it will need modification. I have taken the interior out of a 08 reg cab and there is two bolt holes in the front(one is hidden under carpet) and only one in the back. There is a bolt that holds down the seatbelt buckles now that looks like it could line up for the fourth bolt and maybe you could bolt the seats and seatbelt buckles together

4. Oct 8, 2008 at 3:14 PM
    oldtacomaguy

oldtacomaguy four forty four

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    SE Conn.
    Vehicle:
    08 SR-5 4WD Impulse Red Pearl
    Alpine deck and amp, Polk speakers front and rear, Kenwood subwoofer, windows tinted to 20%, Sockmonkey decals, TSB, Eibach springs and Bilstein 5100's
    You can fit any gen. 1 seats in there. I put bucket seats from an 04 into my 97 ex.cab. By the way, the 60/40 front seat is still in my basement if anybody is interested.

Products Discussed in

To Top