1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Best 3” lift for 285s...

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Jpiskura, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Oct 14, 2018 at 5:17 PM
    Jpiskura

Jpiskura [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    This has prob been covered a bajillion times.. but I was thinking a Fox 2.0 or 2.5 setup would be ok for my daily driver.. I don’t use it too much for off-road.. a little, Not a lot.. Just looking to stuff a set of 285 under the wheel well and have a better ride than stock.. Any suggestions, or advice?

2. Oct 29, 2018 at 8:26 AM
    Ccrames2018

Ccrames2018 Jack of some trades.

Member:
    First Name:
    Caden
    Nor Cal
    Vehicle:
    07 AC 4x4 V6 6MT
    -Bilstein 5100s @1.75" -16x8 SCS Ray10s with 305/70R16 General Grabber AT -CMC -URD Short Throw Shifter -Bed stiffeners -Bed mat -Aftermarket head unit -AFE Rebel exhaust -ME-SO Customs dome/map lights -Window tint with eyebrow -OEM LED 2015 tail lights -GTR Lighting headlight bulbs -Husky floor liners -Camper shell -Sumo Springs -Air intake -Aftermarket Volkswagen key fob -Aftermarket A/C knobs -Aftermarket LED license plate lights -Console organizer -JBA High Caster UCAs
    If you don't do much off-road, I would not spend the big money for external bypass shocks. To buy a full Fox/King/Icon setup can be like $3,000 even before labor. If I were you I'd look into something like the Toytec 3 inch lifts or something comparable. Same ride height options, just a decent bit cheaper and a little less plush ride. The only thing those bypasses give you is when you're off road with high amounts of suspension travel it helps keep your shocks from overheating.

3. Oct 29, 2018 at 12:56 PM
    Jpiskura

Jpiskura [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Well, i would be doing labor myself and as far as being plush is concerned I would like it to be plusher than factory but still have some stiffness where it needs to be.

Products Discussed in

To Top