1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Best AAL's for '06 TRD-OR

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 2006TRD6SPEED, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Dec 26, 2009 at 10:23 AM
    2006TRD6SPEED

2006TRD6SPEED [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Detroit
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD offroad 6speed my fourth toyota truck
    Hey Guys, I hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas!

I have an 06 TRD OR 4wd 6SPD V6. with 75k miles. always use my toyotas as TRUCKS, I drive a mix of roads highway, surface streets, dirt roads, and fire roads(as much as possible:).)

I also haul some heavy loads now and again...
    both by trailer and in bed...

My '02 reg cab 4wd 5spd 2.7L taco could haul anything i threw at her.

This new truck leave a little to be deired of in the way of rear suspension.

need some opinons on the rear AAL's and shocks (this can be a lift, not just a helper spring) I love the way my new taco rides empty, and love the off road plushness (i do a lot of really fast trails, fire roads and skinny fast trails through the woods)
    Please advise on best rear suspension and web links for respective sites!

also looking to level her out once i do a rear AAL... Please advise on front springs, spacers, and shocks

Thx In advance Merry Christmas and happy holidays everyone...

2. Dec 26, 2009 at 11:00 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Lots of options. Toytec sells the Ultimate Kit...or the OME full suspension kit.

You can go to wheelers and piece together a 4 corners lift. There are tons of options.

3. Dec 26, 2009 at 11:37 AM
    RelentlessFab

RelentlessFab Eric @Relentless Fab Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 AC 6mt>03 SR5 >08 Sport and 17 6MT TRD OR
    Relentless Armored! Too many others to list.
    i'd give wheeler's offroad a call. They can set ya up, and for a good price. I'd probably recommend a simple single AAL for the back and some OME struts/heavy duty springs on the front. I've also heard the OME dakar leaf pack is very good as well if you dont mind spending the little extra.

4. Dec 27, 2009 at 7:37 AM
    2006TRD6SPEED

2006TRD6SPEED [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Detroit
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD offroad 6speed my fourth toyota truck
    Awesom thx guys... i will shop that later and get back to ya! how was your Christmas' any Goodies worth talking about?

5. Dec 27, 2009 at 7:55 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Nothing for the Taco- but I got a sweet juicer....=)

6. Dec 27, 2009 at 10:58 AM
    RelentlessFab

RelentlessFab Eric @Relentless Fab Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 AC 6mt>03 SR5 >08 Sport and 17 6MT TRD OR
    Relentless Armored! Too many others to list.
    I got a Snap On 1750psi electric pressure washer for cleaning up the truck/quad after having fun :)

Products Discussed in

To Top