1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Best Camper Shell Topper Dealer installer in Bay Area

Discussion in 'Outdoors' started by _tacodad, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Dec 4, 2019 at 3:03 PM
    _tacodad

_tacodad [OP] Member

Member:
    What's up guys?

I've been doing some extensive research on toppers and dealer/installer locations and have seen some good and bad reviews at almost every location and for all brands. I'm willing to drive further to have better quality work done. I've narrowed my choice down to a leer 100xr with some upgrades and I was wondering if you guys had any recommendations on a Camper shell dealer/installer that you were happy with. Looking for a shop that goes the extra mile to seal and take great care of my new truck. After reading many of the horror stories, I don't want to have the wrong guys install something on my brand new truck after spending 4k on a shell and not be happy even the slight bit. Hopefully you guys can help steer me in the right direction. Thanks for the help in advance.

20191031_170618.jpg

2. Dec 19, 2019 at 9:49 AM
    dman100

dman100 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Central Coast, California
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD OR DCSB
    Access Manufacturing in Woodland (a little out of the Bay Area but not too far especially if you’re in the North Bay) manufactures Tradesman canopies and sells direct with installation. I don’t have one but have visited their shop and got a tour from the owner, looked them over closely (new at the shop plus used on trucks I’ve seen) and lots of folks here on TW have them. Pricing is competitive and they will custom make almost any size and feature, and color match. Aluminum construction, not as stylish as most fiberglass shells, but rugged and functional. No affiliation, but if/when I get a canopy they’d be my first choice.
    http://tradesmantrucktops.com/

3. Dec 31, 2019 at 11:08 AM
    pridgway

pridgway Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off Road
    i dont have any experience yet with my personal vehicle, but i am looking into doing the same thing as you soon. Ive gone to two businesses for work trucks and both have been just fine. Mobile Living in Concord (https://mobilliving.com/) and Camp Quest in Richmond (https://www.campquest.net/)

Ive been going to them because thats where we've taken our work trucks in the past, and they do decent work for a decent price for standard toppers. I have a high bar i want to reach for my personal vehicle regarding waterproofing and warranty but these are two options you can look into. I would go to them first to see what they can offer.

I like the smooth lines of the Leers/ARE/Snugtop but a color matched tradesman is starting to grow on me.. goodluck and let me know what you land on, i would be interested in following your advice for my access cab 2013 TRD OR.

Products Discussed in

To Top