1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Best deal, business to get 2 for 1 eye glasses, same day & exam?

Discussion in 'Northern California' started by hikerduane, May 9, 2019.

1. May 9, 2019 at 10:36 AM
    hikerduane

hikerduane [OP] Stove & lantern collector, retired

Member:
    First Name:
    Duane
    Meadow Valley, Jefferson USA
    Vehicle:
    '16 Blazing Blue Pearl TRD Sport AC V6 manual, tow pkg
    RCI sliders fuel tank skid plate, Softopper, tailgate insert
    I have to drive out of Quincy to large metro areas via 70, 80 or 36. Local Optometrist wants double what large shops charge. Watching ads on TV, where do I want to go to get a eye exam and 2 for 1 eye glasses? I've been trying Lenscrafters as they offer discounts for us seasoned citizens, but my rotary dial phone doesn't work too well when I have to enter 1 or 2 and their system to make online appointments has been down a few weeks now. I went into Reno a year ago to Eyemart or such and not happy with them. Where can I do a all-in-one trip to Roseville, Chico etc.? Trying to avoid Sac. For my needs, it costs over $600 for two sets of specs at the franchise type stores.
    Duane

2. May 9, 2019 at 10:41 AM
    dome

dome Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joel
    California
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD OR DCSB 4x4
    Get your prescription from your optometrist and find a Warby Parker. They're a retail store, but you can also order online. In-person is better because they'll take additional measurements in the store.

My glasses average about $125 there out the door. My partner has much worse vision problems and needs all the bells and whistles and still averages $225.

Also check out Costco with an eye center, I've never tried them but heard good things and I believe they also do the exam.

3. May 9, 2019 at 11:04 AM
    loyaltothetaco

loyaltothetaco It's part ATV, part SUV, and certified by the DMV

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    Radiant Red 2006 DCSB SR5
    2.5" OME lift, Fox 2.5 coil overs, all pro expo leafs, ubolt flip kit w/ upgraded bump stops, 1.25" wheel spacers, 16" Bronze KMC Impact OL wheels, 295/75/r16 Nitto grapplers, beige Softopper, Brute force front bumper w/smittybilt winch, RCI rear bumper, caliraised rock sliders, TRD IFS skid plate custom swingout tailgate w/spare tire mount, TC bed stiffeners, Magnum force CAI, KC spotlights, tacomabeast headlights, rear seat molle panel odds and ends, hi lift, MESO interior lights, and a fuck load of patches… more planned for later.
    Just had an eye exam at Costco on Monday, made the appointment the day before. They test your eyes and the doc examines and gives you your prescription and you decide where to go to get your glasses and/or contacts. Pretty hassle free

4. May 9, 2019 at 12:24 PM
    hikerduane

hikerduane [OP] Stove & lantern collector, retired

Member:
    First Name:
    Duane
    Meadow Valley, Jefferson USA
    Vehicle:
    '16 Blazing Blue Pearl TRD Sport AC V6 manual, tow pkg
    RCI sliders fuel tank skid plate, Softopper, tailgate insert
    Where I got my new glasses about 18 months ago, at first used my local Optometrist prescription. They messed up, redid them free but I had to see their Doctor to make sure I had it right. They redid the right eye lense was all, but the guy who grinds the lenses didn't make the new lense transitional. I need computer glasses and normal progressive lenses this year, my sun glasses are ok. I prefer to go to a brick and mortar.
    Duane

Tullie D likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top