1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Best Double Din head unit

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by TonkaToyTaco, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Nov 17, 2011 at 1:07 PM
    TonkaToyTaco

TonkaToyTaco [OP] Hope you can run faster than 965 FPS

Member:
    First Name:
    Louie
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma TRD DCLB 4X4
    Fox 2.0 Coilovers cranked up with JBA UCA, Rear OME 2" leaf pack with Ride Rite air bags, SCS Steath 6 matte black rims wrapped in 285/75/17 Cooper ST MAXX, Blacked out emblems, Debaged tailgate, Tinted windows (5% in rear, 5% up front and 40% on windsheild), Retro color matched HID headlights with Amber Halo, Projector LED Foglight, Custom LED Taillight and 3rd brake light, T-Rex 2 eyelids color matched, Fog light anytime MOD, All LED interior and exterior ligths, Volant CAI With forced Ram, JET throttle body spacer, Aero Turbine SS Muffler, Aero Turbine SS 4inch tip dumped after axel, URD MAF Calibrator, LED bed lights, 4X4 light mod, Satoshi Grill with matching scoop and lower Valance, 20" LED bar and 2 LED Pods behind Satoshi, Diff breather mod, Sea Blu secondary fuse box with 100A breaker, Outlaw Train Horns with dual Air Compressors and 5 Gal tank, Ultraguage, Andre Devil Horns, Pedal Commander
    Im currently looing at the pioneer 4300 Double din. Havent heard to much about it but what I have heard was good. I want some help and pics of your double din and how u like it. I dont really need a GPS in it but if it comes with it I wont cry. Here is what im looking for:

7 inch monitor double din.
    MP3, DVD, and all that good stuff
    Able to connect it to my steering wheel controls
    Sat. radio being able to hook up to my stock antenna
    Ipod hook up (would like for that to be able to hok up to my AUX port)
    USB hook up if possible

I want one that is reliable and just over all good quality. Price wise I wanna stay around $500-$700.. Post pics if your able to. Thanks guys

2. Nov 17, 2011 at 1:08 PM
    TonkaToyTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Louie
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma TRD DCLB 4X4
    Fox 2.0 Coilovers cranked up with JBA UCA, Rear OME 2" leaf pack with Ride Rite air bags, SCS Steath 6 matte black rims wrapped in 285/75/17 Cooper ST MAXX, Blacked out emblems, Debaged tailgate, Tinted windows (5% in rear, 5% up front and 40% on windsheild), Retro color matched HID headlights with Amber Halo, Projector LED Foglight, Custom LED Taillight and 3rd brake light, T-Rex 2 eyelids color matched, Fog light anytime MOD, All LED interior and exterior ligths, Volant CAI With forced Ram, JET throttle body spacer, Aero Turbine SS Muffler, Aero Turbine SS 4inch tip dumped after axel, URD MAF Calibrator, LED bed lights, 4X4 light mod, Satoshi Grill with matching scoop and lower Valance, 20" LED bar and 2 LED Pods behind Satoshi, Diff breather mod, Sea Blu secondary fuse box with 100A breaker, Outlaw Train Horns with dual Air Compressors and 5 Gal tank, Ultraguage, Andre Devil Horns, Pedal Commander
    What model? the 4300?

3. Nov 17, 2011 at 1:19 PM
    hookedontronics

hookedontronics Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    Icon extended travel 3.5" front coilovers, DSM UCAs, TSB leaf pack w/ wheelers AAL, All Pro U-bolt flip kit, Walker Evans 2.0 rear shocks, 18" XD Monster rims, Nitto trail grappler 285/65R18 Tires, Color matched grill, Grillcraft, Kragen HIDs, Carling switches, my bed light mod, diff drop, Alpine IVA-W505, JL Audio C5 componets and coaxials, JL 300/4 and 250/1 amps and JL stealthbox, wheathertechs, avs vent visors, toyota bed x-tender, alcantara center console cover and door pocket covers, console vault, color matched mirrors, heated mirrors, etc etc etc
    I highly recommend Alpine, you're going to pay a little more than a pioneer but your getting a much nicer unit as well. The one thing i have never liked about pioneers is that their user interface is not as friendly as the Alpine units, they also give you quite a few warning screen and make you wait which i do not like. I personally have a w505 (which meets all of your needs listed) and love it. Alpine has a couple newer units out now you might want to look into. You can probably pick up a used w505 for a really great price on ebay. The navigation is very good as well.

run down on the Alpine IVA-W505

7 inch monitor double din. Yes
    MP3, DVD, and all that good stuff Yes
    Able to connect it to my steering wheel controls Any unit can do this, you just need a Pac controller (about 60 bucks)
    Sat. radio being able to hook up to my stock antenna Any unit can do this as well, TSS-radio makes and adapter for this (about 60 bucks)
    Ipod hook up (would like for that to be able to hok up to my AUX port) Yes (will play ipod video as well and display all album art which i like. Also is very VERY user freidnly to scroll through or search for songs artists playlists whatever)
    USB hook up if possible Yes

You'll need a NVE-P1 for the alpine nav, and this has bluetooth built in as well

I'm an audio guy, check my build thread for pics and everything. The w505's strongpoint is the imprint sound processor, if you've ever heard one you'll never want to listen to anything else.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  4. Nov 17, 2011 at 1:34 PM
    TonkaToyTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Louie
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma TRD DCLB 4X4
    That looks great. Would you be able and wiling to direct me in everything I need to get for it?

5. Nov 17, 2011 at 6:34 PM
    TonkaToyTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Louie
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma TRD DCLB 4X4
  6. Nov 17, 2011 at 9:32 PM
    pinktaco808

pinktaco808 Hot Steppa

Member:
    what the preout volts on those? Pioneer has one of the best tuning systems

Products Discussed in

To Top