1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Best light bar?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by 2004TacomaSR5, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Sep 12, 2018 at 7:49 PM
    2004TacomaSR5

2004TacomaSR5 [OP] Nemesis Prime

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma DCSB & 1980 Toyota Pickup 4WD
    Tacoma is stock and staying that way, Pickup is TBA as of now.
    I'm looking at getting a20" or 22" light bar for the front of my truck and decided to fish for suggestions. Having this one in mind since the reviews are pretty good and it's one of the few "knockoffs" I found that doesn't seem to have the lens condensation build up problem and overall good, durable quality.
    https://www.amazon.com/Auxbeam-Driv...01LZBGMDQ/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8
    That said, I've also looked at top names like Rigid and KC, but can't really justify spending $600 for something I'm not going to be using that often. Do I need to be convinced otherwise? Are those really worth the cash or will a knockoff brand do? I want to mount this in the rectangular opening on my bumper so it's low profile and non conspicuous. I don't like light bars mounted on the cab, hood, or anywhere they stand out like a sore thumb. Plus I've ridden in trucks with the m mounted on the cab and the highway whistle would drive me to drink. Also are they difficult to install? I'm not good with wiring so is it something that I should have a pro do probably?

2. Sep 13, 2018 at 6:37 AM
    se7enine

se7enine MCMLXXIX

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 Lexus GX470
  3. Sep 13, 2018 at 6:43 AM
    geekhouse23

geekhouse23 The "Liftman" - @DrFunker

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2GMGMDCSB4WDTRDFTMFW!! TL;DR
    mostly stock, grocery gettin' Prius
    I run a wide range of lights from $20 Amazon bars to Heretic and Rigids. It really depends on the intended use and how much you're going to use them. If you just need it to get you down a dirt road to a fishing or hunting spot, what you have linked in the OP is fine. Open it up, run some waterproof bath and shower caulking around the edge and call it a day. If you are going around the world in your rig and will need something more stout and reliable, that's where the old saying of "you get what you pay for" comes into play.

Here is my setup and let me know if you have any more questions:

[​IMG]

4. Sep 13, 2018 at 4:23 PM
    Taylor@KC HiLiTES

Taylor@KC HiLiTES Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCSB TRD OR 4x4
    See build thread
    So, I'll start of with this. While we certainly do have some options for 20" lightbar that are at the $600 mark and above, we also have some more affordable options for folks that don't want to break the bank and are more tailored for a regular user (meaning, not prerunning through the desert at insane speeds etc.). Check out or C-Series lineup, our 20" bar is $268.99 MSRP. If you PM me or any of our dealers here on the site, we'll be able to help you out on that pricing too! Plus, ours is black in between the reflectors so it is a little sleeker and works better to be hidden more like what you're going for. Here's the link:

http://www.kchilites.com/light-type/led/c-series-led/c-series-led-light-bars-sizes-10-50.html

Next up, let me try to answer some of your questions.

Are those really worth the cash or will a knockoff brand do?
    Rather than comparing the two specific products, I'll just give you some things to think about to help guide your decision. It truly depends on your situation. If you don't feel comfortable spending more money on a product, don't! Don't do so just to have a name brand product and be in the "in crowd" or anything like that. Even our affordable option is about 4x more expensive than the one you linked to on Amazon. I will tell you though that you do get what you pay for, and more. We stand by our product and our warranty reflects that. On top of that, we strive to offer the absolute best customer service possible especially since we understand that you're spending your hard-earned dollar with us. It's not something we take lightly by any means!​

Also are they difficult to install? I'm not good with wiring so is it something that I should have a pro do probably?
    I can't speak to the difficult of where you want to install it and exactly how you would install it. But, the wiring shouldn't be difficult at all. Our wiring harness includes everything you, plus the easy to follow directions. The wiring shouldn't take more than a few minutes. I don't think you need to have a pro do it! Save the money and try it out yourself. You don't need to cut or splice anything so there's not too much room for error!​

Rob Daman likes this.
  5. Sep 20, 2018 at 9:47 PM
    josowski

josowski Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tacoma TRD Off Road Crew Cab Long Bed
    Nothing yet... Bought it with TWO miles on it!!!
    From my experience, CaliRaised has always been a good bet.

6. Sep 21, 2018 at 10:25 PM
    buckhuntin-tacoma

buckhuntin-tacoma Shed hunter

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Quincy IL
    Vehicle:
    2014 Spruce Mica Tacoma DCLB
    4 inch lift - complete blackout, n-fab step bars, Black Horse bull bar, 20 inch light bar, anytime fog lights, added led day running lights, Fuel wheels and Falken Wildpeak tires ,custom fit seat covers, Gatorback mud gaurds
    I have a Rough Country 20 inch double row blackout series that cost $179...looks good and no issues,been on truck for about 15 months.

7. Sep 22, 2018 at 7:15 PM
    2004TacomaSR5

2004TacomaSR5 [OP] Nemesis Prime

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma DCSB & 1980 Toyota Pickup 4WD
    Tacoma is stock and staying that way, Pickup is TBA as of now.
    I've heard good things about RC bars. Friend has one on his pickup.

8. Sep 22, 2018 at 7:20 PM
    buckhuntin-tacoma

buckhuntin-tacoma Shed hunter

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Quincy IL
    Vehicle:
    2014 Spruce Mica Tacoma DCLB
    4 inch lift - complete blackout, n-fab step bars, Black Horse bull bar, 20 inch light bar, anytime fog lights, added led day running lights, Fuel wheels and Falken Wildpeak tires ,custom fit seat covers, Gatorback mud gaurds
    R/C gets a pretty bad rap on this site sometimes. The way I see it,they’ve been around for about 35 years and I think they make some pretty solid accessories.

Products Discussed in

To Top