1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Best place to find a deal on RTT?

Discussion in 'Tonneau Covers, Caps and Shells' started by Barnitz, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Oct 31, 2019 at 10:02 AM
    Barnitz

Barnitz [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2019 Cement DCSBOR
    Im interested in moving from a ground tent to a RTT, but stuck on the price.

Use is 20-30 nights a year.

Interested in a hard shell wedge (Skyloft) or normal RTT. Hardshell interests me due to setup ease and ability to leave sleeping bags/pillows inside. Would be mounted ontop of a cap + prinsu toprac

Been watching FB marketplace.. even used these things are $$. I didnt expect them to hold their value that well! Although the same ones have been posted for weeks.. so the market is small.

Thoughts on the Skyloft? I know its cheaper, but if i can get a few years out of it, it might be worth it, compared to similar hard shells for $1k more.
    Would only be on truck for trips, not all year or even all season.

2. Nov 1, 2019 at 4:57 PM
    dripcoffee

dripcoffee Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off-Road
    I purchased an iKamper X-Cover at a slight discount when they were doing pre-orders. It was still $2k+ in the end though. iKamper has a new hardshell announced (Skycamp Mini). It's worth tracking to see if they offer any similar pre-order deals.

Prior to deciding to go with the Xcover I searched around too. I found Tepui and CVT both have a page for used/display models.

Products Discussed in

To Top