1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Best place to get tires ordered and installed in Denver

Discussion in 'Colorado' started by johnsoct, May 22, 2018.

1. May 22, 2018 at 6:48 PM
    johnsoct

johnsoct [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle:
    2017 Silver Tacoma SR5
    Looking to get some KO2's tomorrow and installed by Friday. Any recommendations on a quality, reputable place?

2. May 22, 2018 at 7:16 PM
    Mclovin80

Mclovin80 Not Well-Known

Member:
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    2021 LR TRD Pro
    Tirerack.com has a DC in the Stapleton area. Buy them online and pick up at will call. Then have them installed at any tire shop.

3. May 23, 2018 at 8:20 AM
    Ostrichsak

Ostrichsak Don't taze me bro!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jer
    Northern Colorado, USA
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged '10 Tacoma 4x4 TRD
    TRD Supercharger + too much stuff to list. Click sig pic
    I know this isn't what you were asking about (I'm up in the Fort Collins area so I don't have quality intel for your primary ask) but I would read some threads here on tires before making your mind up on the KO2's as I know some have said some disparaging things about them lately. Most recently was this thread where someone was asking about KO2's vs Wildpeak and it seems like the responses there and other places I've read seem to favor the Wildpeaks. I've got a set of Duratracs that will need replaced before winter so I'm starting to do some research into what's going to be best for me.

4. May 23, 2018 at 8:23 AM
    Mclovin80

Mclovin80 Not Well-Known

Member:
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    2021 LR TRD Pro
    Agreed to do some research. There are many options aside from BFG. I have Duratracs on my 2018 and had them on my 2015 with no problems or excessive wear for 40k miles when I traded it in.

5. May 23, 2018 at 8:29 AM
    Ostrichsak

Member:
    First Name:
    Jer
    Northern Colorado, USA
    Vehicle:
    I was pretty happy with them early on but had some weird wear issues that a couple of fellas I know experienced too. It's not that I hate them but I don't tend to be overly brand loyal and just want what's best for my needs now instead of what the best option was at the time for me two years ago. Based on the limited research I've done to this point I think I'd order those Wildpeaks if I had to order a new set of tires today. If you find better info though I'd be open to anything at this point. It just seems like quite a few people were talking about KO2's having issues with premature and/or catastrophic failure of sidewall being the most common.

6. May 23, 2018 at 8:31 AM
    grdgz97

grdgz97 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Georgetown, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport DCSB
    COSTCO

7. May 23, 2018 at 11:18 AM
    acidchylde

acidchylde Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    07 Sport AC, black, still pretty much stock
    That's funny. I thought Duratracs were the ones with the horrible reputation for sidewall failures. :rolleyes: I've had zero issues with my KOs, until they got down to the end and were overdue for replacement anyway which it's kind of hard to fault a tire on. Got in theory 60k out of them, not entirely sure since I got them used with around half tread and poor rotation practices - I put over 30k on them myself. Been running my KO2's for a little over a year now, and zero issues in snow or wet roads (including last night's hail storms, which I drove home from Loveland through). Haven't been off-road as much as I'd like, but don't expect any issues. I'd say my mpg went up, but then that'd be misleading since I changed tire sizes too. But I certainly didn't go from 19 to 16 (went up about 1 mpg actually, but skinnier and lighter tire).

The first half of that thread is people saying they like their BFGs. The second half is people shitting on them. Then there's the people who like the Falkens, and some who don't. All for the same reasons. At this point I think everyone is full of shit or just biased. They either get into a situation that would have destroyed any tire, then they blame that tire. Or maybe it's the fact they're all from CA and local geography plays a role. Or maybe it's operator behavior. Could be a bad batch. There's probably no difference in quality between them if you go big enough picture. Certainly not as much as all the outlier stories would imply. Judging from some of the larger pool reviews though (ie, Tirerack.com) I'd hardly say that BFGs suck.

Derailing the thread quite a bit though. Since I am also here up north, I can't offer much down there for OP other than to say I had mine done at Discount after all my local shops closed up and was happy enough. I know 4wheel parts has locations down there that can install and are usually pretty competitive on price. Maybe some other more local other people will chime in - I know there's a few threads around here that ask about or discuss the same question.

johnsoct[OP] likes this.
  8. May 23, 2018 at 11:54 AM
    Ostrichsak

Member:
    First Name:
    Jer
    Northern Colorado, USA
    Vehicle:
    I should add that my research, while not extensive, did involve more than just that thread and TacomaWorld. Not very scientific but I think the general consensus was they were all within like 5% of each other in most categories with some excelling in one at the cost of another and in the end the cost difference tended to make the Falken the winner. I do tend to take what people say on tires with a grain of salt due to nearly infinite variables as you mentioned.

Like I said, I'm not 100% sold but I wanted to bring up a common thread I was noticing (as early as hours before my post here is why I referenced that thread) on that particular tire since the OP made it sound like he was sold on them.

johnsoct[OP] likes this.
  9. May 23, 2018 at 12:26 PM
    johnsoct

johnsoct [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle:
    2017 Silver Tacoma SR5
    Good to know!

Products Discussed in

To Top