1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

best program for downloading music?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by ross123, Oct 30, 2010.

1. Oct 30, 2010 at 7:34 AM
    ross123

ross123 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    fort bragg
    what do you guys use to get your music?

2. Oct 30, 2010 at 7:44 AM
    DEEVON911

DEEVON911 Semi-Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Bethel Park, PA. Burb of da Burgh.
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM Mostly Stock Off-Road 4x4
    TRD Cat-back Exhaust. Semi-Debadged. Trimmed down stock Antenna. Weathertech vent visors. TRD FJ Cruiser Center Cap Wheel Mod. 265/75/16 Firestone Destination A/T,s . Inverter tapped into for outlet in cab. Tacomaworld sticker which adds 5 hp.
    Soulseek

3. Oct 30, 2010 at 8:53 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    iTunes or a music store...

4. Oct 30, 2010 at 9:00 AM
    Falcon86

Falcon86 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Virginia Beachshire
    Vehicle:
    Bone-stock
    I'm also looking for a good program. Are they any programs that you pay a monthly fee and then have unlimited mp3 downloads?

5. Oct 30, 2010 at 9:06 AM
    DionysiosA76

DionysiosA76 Captain Analyzer

Member:
    First Name:
    Dionysios
    Barrington, IL
    Vehicle:
    07 Taco Sport DC 6 spd-SOLD FOR CUMMINS
    Totally custom straight pipe exhaust sourced from an 01 Cummins (fabbed up by yours truly), ScanGaugeII, Westin Bull Bars, air horns, Truxedo tunneau, Black decals, Black rotors, black calipers, Secondary Air filter removal, reengineered dirtbike hauler, auxillary back up lights, blacked out tail lights, socked by Sockmonkey, blacked out hi-stop, TRD stickers (+300hp :) Owens Running Boards, Greek flag shifter, Garmin Nuvi 755w GPS, Cobra 25ltd CB with a 4' fiberglass whip... and never paid anyone nuttin to do it.
    FrostWire

6. Oct 30, 2010 at 9:08 AM
    Hugebergen

Hugebergen Crash and burn live and learn

Member:
    Saskatoon Sask
    3"Toytec ULK, box mat, angle brackets in box corners for tie downs, anytime fog lights, bhlm, black grill and lip, trimed front flaps, 7089 procomp rims with 285/75/16 Toyo M/T tires, black badges with trd badges added,anytime foglights, lamin-x yellow fogs, illuminated 4x4 switch, colour match satoshi, Camburg ball joint UCAS.
    limewire.

7. Oct 30, 2010 at 9:10 AM
    pudge151

pudge151 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra Platinum
    ^^^^^

this

SINCE LIMEWIRE IS NOW ILLEGAL

8. Oct 30, 2010 at 12:43 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Limewire is under an injunction- which is different from illegal. The reason they are under an injunction is because they facilitate illegal music sharing.

Which as a quick reminder...is against the Code of Conduct to talk about on TW-So lets keep the suggestions on the legal side of the fence.

9. Oct 30, 2010 at 7:50 PM
    Viet2100

Viet2100 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Viet
    South Florida
    Vehicle:
    2016 Prius 4T
    Napster.

10. Oct 30, 2010 at 7:53 PM
    jtav2002

jtav2002 Kenny Fuckin Powers

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Reading, PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra DBL Cab TRD OR
    Yea, Frostwire isn't any more legal than Limewire, just so happens they're under fire right now. Anything you're not paying for is not going to be legal. What's with all these threads lately lol.

I use Napster myself, mainly because I despise itunes. Mainly started going to Napster because of all the protection and other BS associated with itunes. Supposedly that's changed but I'm content with Napster.

11. Nov 20, 2010 at 10:17 AM
    G.T.

G.T. Official TW Burrito Inspector

Member:
    First Name:
    G.T.
    CONUS
    Vehicle:
    2011 Pyrite Mica 4WD DCLB TRDSport w/ FlipPac
    Some stick on chrome from pep boys
    I have a friend that works for a communications conglomerate called "ClearChannel." Big corporation that owns radio stations all over the place in all sorts of markets. He is one of the IT guys that has to load the new CD's into the digital archive that the DJ's play for the listeners. Once a month I get a box stuffed full of CD's from him. There are a couple of second hand music, or buy/sell/trade stores around and I take CD's of artists that don't appeal to me in and trade them for others that I do or would like to check out.

There are also streaming broadcasts which you can use your PC to listen to as well as capture. Some of these streaming sites allow local capture and storage of their music, read the authorized use sections of the streaming music sites you visit to learn more.

Streaming:

Pandora Internet Radio

LastFM Internet Radio

Grooveshark

FreePlay

Playlist.com

There are also sites popping up for the D.I.Y. artists and artists that are up and coming and looking for some playtime. These sites offer free access to down-loadable files that you can then add to your digital music archive for transfer to Mp3 players or burnt to CD.

File Download:

Jamendo for Self Published Artists

Rhapsody

Mp3.com

Index of free songs in iTunes store

Free iTunes store songs blog

Check your favorite bands websites out as many do offer a couple of free sample tracks for download and some have even allowed entire albums to be downloaded from their sites.

Another option is your local public library system. You would be amazed at how much audio and video media can be found at or through public library systems. If you have old in working condition CD's or DVD's you can also take them to your local public library to donate and receive a receipt for your "tax deductible donation." I average about five dollars for each music CD and DVD.

12. Nov 20, 2010 at 10:23 AM
    t4daddy

t4daddy Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2008 PreRunner Double Cab
    If your ISP offers a news reader, your set. If not there are several, GigaNews is the one I use.

13. Nov 20, 2010 at 11:28 AM
    HarryTaco

HarryTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pacific NW
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD OR DCSB 4x4 V6 MGM
    Bed Mat, Bak Revolver Tonneau,
    iTunes. Or a good friend that likes to collect CDs.

14. Nov 20, 2010 at 11:32 AM
    Blue

Blue You're my boy blue

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Sierras
    Vehicle:
    ex 99 current 04 TRD
  15. Nov 20, 2010 at 11:38 AM
    itsmyturn

itsmyturn Well-Known Member

Member:
    Victorville, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 dbl cab TRD sport
    afe Pro-Dry S dropin, Readylift leveling kit, TRD skid plate, Alpine CDA-9887, 6K D2S HID
    lately i've been getting a lot of music from bandcamp.com. their site allows lossless downloads, so to me it's like buying a cd where the record company is not involved. more money for the artist. support good music. buy it!!

Products Discussed in

To Top