1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

best slip on

Discussion in 'Motorcycles' started by j83soldier, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Oct 13, 2010 at 2:40 PM
    j83soldier

j83soldier [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    joshua
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma
    anti lock brake disable mod, fogtime anytime mod, Leer Topper, all pro plate bumper, toytec 3 inch lift, bfg AT, rims, piaa 5100's, some double din head unit (cant remember), warn 8000 winch, DO sliders, hacked frame to fit full size spare, thule and yakima roof racks
    I have been reading about exhaust systems trying to figure out what I want to get. I have decided against a full exhaust system, not enough of a gain to support and extra 5oo bucks for the system, the the price of a power commander and a trip to the dyno for a true remap. So my question is this, I have a 07 GSXR 600 and am leaning towards Yosh R-55 slip on. What other exhausts are you guys running and what are the gains if any (other than sound, I could give a shit about sound). Does anyone run the yosh slip on I am talking about and what is you opion of it. Thanks

2. Oct 13, 2010 at 8:24 PM
    Biscuits

Biscuits Thorny Crown of Entropy

Member:
    Swiggity swangin' biggity bangin'
    Not a huge fan of Yosh but that's just personal opinion.... I'd say Akra, Leo Vince, or a Devil if you can find one. If you're just getting a slip on, you aren't going to see much difference at all except in sound. The full systems are where you get the gains, along side the remapping, PC or Bazzaz, etc. Personally, if I was going to get another exhaust, I'd go all the way and get the full system. Anything worth doing is worth going overboard.

Probably didn't help you much, but its my .02 anyway.

3. Oct 13, 2010 at 11:05 PM
    j83soldier

Member:
    First Name:
    joshua
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma
    anti lock brake disable mod, fogtime anytime mod, Leer Topper, all pro plate bumper, toytec 3 inch lift, bfg AT, rims, piaa 5100's, some double din head unit (cant remember), warn 8000 winch, DO sliders, hacked frame to fit full size spare, thule and yakima roof racks
    your looking at a gain of 1.6 hp over a slip on and full system in the mid rpm range from all the dyno charts Ive looked at with about a 2.5g diffrence in price with all the work that goes with a full system. I am looking at a 4-6 hp gain with the yosh r-55 (all on paper according to the dyno) Im just seeing what people are running and if it is a noticable gain. Any info on 3/4 systems. And I am leaning towards yosh cause they are pretty much made for gsxrs Im gonna do some reading on the names you through out too

4. Oct 13, 2010 at 11:21 PM
    nvdeserted

nvdeserted Well-Known Member

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma TRD OR Access Cab
    Electric Dynolock tailgate, TrailGear Slides, , 285/75-16 Yoko Geolanders on Wheelers Type B, SAW 2.0 front and back, Camburg b/j UCA, 1.5" AAL, Ubolt flip, ARB bump.
    Make sure to sell your stock GSXR can on Ebay, the Suzuki DR650 community is using them as a cheap upgrade... somewhat popular mod for the DR.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  5. Oct 13, 2010 at 11:31 PM
    j83soldier

Member:
    First Name:
    joshua
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma
    nope im good

6. Oct 27, 2010 at 10:27 AM
    Hellmutt

Hellmutt Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Piqua, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    '08 SR5 TRDsport 4x4 DC
    sadly, I've only put Husky Liners in it thus far - tend to blow all my cash on my bikes and guitars.
    Had a YZF1000 with a Yosh can - they sound nice and deep, but it all depends on how deep your pockets are.......Akra, Leo, etc will hit you dead square in the wallet - especially if you're just after a slip-on.......I'd stick with the RS-3 Stainless from Yosh, good sound and cheap price - and if you'd rather get fancy with carbon fiber or titanium, they've got good pricetags on those as well.

Products Discussed in

To Top