1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Best speakers for upgrade?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by tombiosis, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Feb 8, 2011 at 10:41 AM
    tombiosis

tombiosis [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    T
    Ottawa Canada
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD offroad access
    2016 Tacoma Access Cab, Super White, TRD Off Road package,//OEM Running Boards//TriFold2.0 Tonneau Cover//FJ Cruiser TRD SE Black TrailTeams replca wheels!
    So I am planning on switching out the stock speakers...what is the best way to go for under 500$?

2. Feb 8, 2011 at 12:17 PM
    Seabass

Seabass Give it to me. I'll break it for you

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    '06 Sport 4x4
    Just a bunch of old crap
    Crutchfield is extremely pricey but you can find great ideas there and then just shop around on Amazon or others to find better prices. Crutchfield presents products very well and is a great source to browse and compare.

3. Feb 8, 2011 at 12:47 PM
    hookedontronics

hookedontronics Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    Icon extended travel 3.5" front coilovers, DSM UCAs, TSB leaf pack w/ wheelers AAL, All Pro U-bolt flip kit, Walker Evans 2.0 rear shocks, 18" XD Monster rims, Nitto trail grappler 285/65R18 Tires, Color matched grill, Grillcraft, Kragen HIDs, Carling switches, my bed light mod, diff drop, Alpine IVA-W505, JL Audio C5 componets and coaxials, JL 300/4 and 250/1 amps and JL stealthbox, wheathertechs, avs vent visors, toyota bed x-tender, alcantara center console cover and door pocket covers, console vault, color matched mirrors, heated mirrors, etc etc etc
    JL c5's. components in the front and coax in the rear. You'll want an amp too.

You can probably get an amp and jl c2's for 500ish. Have you replaced your radio yet? If not start there, it will make a noticable difference in sound quality, especially with a high quality deck.

4. Feb 9, 2011 at 9:20 AM
    tombiosis

tombiosis [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    T
    Ottawa Canada
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD offroad access
    2016 Tacoma Access Cab, Super White, TRD Off Road package,//OEM Running Boards//TriFold2.0 Tonneau Cover//FJ Cruiser TRD SE Black TrailTeams replca wheels!
    was hoping to avoid an amp for now...I have a Panasonic CQC5310U head unit installed, which I think has more juice than the stock deck. I was going to get mounts from ebay then select some 6X9's for the front and 6.5" for the rear...Really wondering what the recommended drivers are...

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  5. Feb 9, 2011 at 9:27 AM
    jcrazy425

jcrazy425 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JC
    South Texas
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma
    Really depends if u wanna go component or coaxial. Google the difference if u don't know it.

I'm going Polk 6501 in the front

6. Feb 9, 2011 at 9:50 AM
    DocTaco

DocTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Central, KY.
    Vehicle:
    17 TRD DC Off Road V6 Tow Pkg
    If you ever removed the stock speakers and looked at them you would know why to replace. Basically a good speaker needs a good magnet. The stock speakers have a magnet about the size of a quarter and total weight including the speaker and plastic mount might be 2 ounces. The stock speakers are so light weight that there is no way they could produce quality sound. I went with Alpine Components in front and Alpine 2way's in rear doors. Lots of good brands out there. Hit a few stereo shops, listen to what sound YOU like, then go home, search on line and order for about 1/2 of store price. Hertz, Boston's, Alpines, JL, let your wallet and ears be your guide. My Alpines with a 10" sub / 500w amp in back,and JVC head unit, produce just the sound I wanted, plus more than enough db's to listen to.

Products Discussed in

To Top