1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Best trail to see Aspens change in CO

Discussion in 'Off-Roading & Trails' started by pipelayer_99, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Sep 20, 2011 at 12:27 PM
    pipelayer_99

pipelayer_99 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    What are some suggestions of good trails to see the Aspens change? Moved to CO beginning of the year and since this is my first fall out here I would like to find a good place to see the Aspens change color.

2. Oct 19, 2011 at 11:33 AM
    coloradotacoma

coloradotacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    I am a little late in responding to this as most the aspens are gone now, but Boreas Pass may still be passable depending on how much snow there is and how you are set up. Boreas pass road goes from Como off 285 to Breck. I go that direction usually. Its not too high in altitude so it may not be snowed in yet. Also, I am not sure if Guanella Pass is closed yet. Its also not too bad, goes from Grant off 285 to Georgetown. Check the Trails link on this site and it has some great info on Colorado trails and how to check if they are open. If the high country isn't do-able go to the Boulder/Golden area and check out Golden Gate State Park, Should still be good viewing there. Be sure to take chains if you are planning to try running in the snow. Happy Viewing

Products Discussed in

To Top