1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

BHLM fog???

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by g.hampton, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Jan 12, 2012 at 6:58 AM
    g.hampton

g.hampton [OP] PUT THE WORK IN

Member:
    First Name:
    Garrett
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    09 prerunner off road
    Debadged Tailgate, LED dome, removed front mud flaps, Blacked out tacoma badges and front emblem, secondary air filter removed, Tailgate theft prevention mod, BHLM, Pro-comp 7005 wheels wrapped in 255/70/17 General Grabber AT2's, Ottonavi in-dash navigation/stereo, .44 Mag shifter knob
    Has anyone that has done the BHLM had one of their lights fog up on them? I have one light that has fogged slightly and am wondering what I can do to get rid of it if anything. All suggestions are welcome.

2. Jan 12, 2012 at 7:01 AM
    AWorthyOpponent

AWorthyOpponent Member Caught Off Road

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Palm Beach County, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCLB TRD SPORT 4x4
    TRD Catback Exhaust
    I haven't done the BHLM myself, however from what I have read, I'm guessing that you probably didn't seal them up good enough and moisture has gotten in. Best thing I can think of is to take apart, clean, and re-seal like your life depends on it...

3. Jan 12, 2012 at 7:04 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Pretty much this. Tearing down, cleaning up and resealing would be your best option.

4. Jan 12, 2012 at 7:08 AM
    g.hampton

Member:
    First Name:
    Garrett
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    09 prerunner off road
    Debadged Tailgate, LED dome, removed front mud flaps, Blacked out tacoma badges and front emblem, secondary air filter removed, Tailgate theft prevention mod, BHLM, Pro-comp 7005 wheels wrapped in 255/70/17 General Grabber AT2's, Ottonavi in-dash navigation/stereo, .44 Mag shifter knob
    Damnit!!! Everything that I am hearing is sounding exactly like what I feared. I had a feeling that the sealing was the problem. I did wait a few hours and everything. We let the paint cure overnight and everything. I think it is the sealant. I was worried about it when I did it. I'm gonna have to try it again. Thanks guys.

5. Jan 12, 2012 at 7:13 AM
    g.hampton

Member:
    First Name:
    Garrett
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    09 prerunner off road
    Thanks. Yea, now that I know what to do it shouldn't be too hard. Just really didn't want to have to tear it down again, hahaha.

6. Jan 12, 2012 at 7:37 AM
    05 X-Runner

05 X-Runner Murdered X

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Napa, Nor-Cal. Whine Country U.S.A
    Vehicle:
    BSP 05 X-Runner, 07 TRD Sport Super White
    HVM C/F X-Runner badge 1 of 6 made,P/C'ed black rims,Blacked out Billet Grill,BLHM,HID's,Tinted tail covers, Fog light mod,BFLM,C2C Black eyelids,,C2C 1.75" Front drop 2" rear,C2C Hoodstruts,URD Shortshifter,URD T-CAI.Custom Coupe shiftball, NST Manifold Spacer.. 07 TRD Sport Super White,De-badged,White headlight Mod,Fog light mod,White tail light mod,C2C white eyelids, C2C hood struts
    Make sure you the grooves on the bulb base are lined up to where it goes in the backside of the case it not moisture will get in, had it happen to my wifes truck after we did the mod :eek:

Products Discussed in

To Top