1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

BHLM Option

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by LaTechLogan, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Aug 27, 2010 at 9:27 AM
    LaTechLogan

LaTechLogan [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Logan
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    '08 PreRunner Sport
    - K&N intake - Pioneer headunit - 2 Kicker 10" subwoofers & amp - Nokya Hyper Yellow foglights - 18" Magnaflow muffler - Bilstein 5100 shocks set to 0" - Eibach coil springs - 1.5" blocks in back
    I personally don't like the BHLM on white tacomas, which is what I have, so I don't know much about it. From what I've read though you either have to risk messing up your headlights to do it or buy new stock headlights to perform the mod on. I ran across these while I was looking at some different headlights and they seemed like they would be a good alternative.

http://www.carid.com/2008-toyota-tacoma-headlights/euro-style-71042.html

They are $217, which seems reasonable to me, but I don't know what it would cost to perform the BHLM.

Anyway, if they are no good then that's fine, I don't want them. I just thought they might help somebody else. I looked quickly for a thread on these already but didn't see one, sorry if I missed it.

2. Aug 27, 2010 at 9:33 AM
    Bama_TACO

Bama_TACO ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!

Member:
    Winfield, AL
    Vehicle:
    2006 PreRunner Double Cab TRD SPORT
    This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  3. Aug 27, 2010 at 9:34 AM
    ilg

ilg VanCity Taco.

Member:
    BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 MGM TRD O/R 4x4 6-Spd
    WeatherTechs, Yellow Fogs, Alpine X-100 iPod Stereo, Custom Seat Covers, Debadged, Locking Bed Compartments, Black Front Toyota Emblem, AVS Vent Visors, Colour Matched Grill, TRD Shift Knob, Eagle Alloy 187s in 16x8 wrapped in 265/75/R16 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, Black Chrome TRD Badge on Tailgate, Black Rear Bumper, 8 in shorty antenna, 5100s @ 2.5.
    There are actually quite a few people on here running those, but I think most people buy them on eBay. Not sure if its it's the same manufacturer, but they look very similar. I think most people have had pretty good luck with them, other than a few leaking (fogging) issues, as well as a change in light output (they are not as good as stock).

If you do end up buying them, just put a bead of silicone around the outside lens area to ensure that no moisture can get in there and you should be good to go.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  4. Aug 28, 2010 at 7:30 AM
    Rocketball

Rocketball If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Westminster, MD
    Vehicle:
    08 Speedway Blue DC Sport 4x4
    Pioneer head unit, PAC steering wheel control modual, Hard wired Sirius radio, Hard wired radar detector, Hella Supertone horns, Blacked out badges, Smoked Tails, BHLM (color matched Speedway Blue), T-Rex Eyelids, Black Powder Coated Billet Grill, Color Matched Engine Cover, Lund in channel vent visors, FJ Cruiser wheels, Leer 100XQ shell, OEM bed mat, Piezo beeper for locking doors, Tinted front side windows, Black Westin bull bar, Aires tube steps, Mini Maglite Mod, D-Cell Maglite Mod, Weathertech Digifit Floor Mats
    Doing the BLHM in black would cost you about $8 (for 2 cans of spray paint). If you wanted to color match them to the color of the truck, the cost would be about $40.

Just a little bit cheaper than the aftermarket lights...... :cool:

Doing the BHLM is very easy. The hardest part for me was getting them out of the truck...... You'd have to do that no matter which option you choose.

If you're not sure about doing this yourself, ask around and see if there's another member in your area that has done it and is willing to help you out. I've done it twice now, and the second time I was able to cut my time almost in half since I already knew how to do it.

Products Discussed in

To Top