1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bike Carrier for the Cargo Bars????

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by The Count, May 3, 2007.

1. May 3, 2007 at 4:12 PM
    The Count

The Count [OP] Member

Member:
    I've seen a pic on the forum of a Taco with the cargo bars and running perpendicular to the bars are wheel clamp for carrying 2 bikes. Since I don't have the cargo bars I have no idea how this thing works? Who makes it? Where to get it? and is it some custom thing? Looks like a real cool setup sinch you can carry all your stuff while bringing the bikes along on top. Anyone know about this? Thanx:confused: !!!

2. May 18, 2007 at 6:35 PM
    maverick491

maverick491 Towing Guru

Member:
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 Access Cab, TRD off road, 6 cyl, 6 spd
    Activator III brake controller, Extang Fulltilt toneau, Factory bed mat, Extra D-rings in the bed, 2ndary air filter removed, Garmin Ique GPS, Eco-2, AFE Pro Dry-s filter, USASPEC PA12-toy, Pioneer 3-way speakers, SG II on Blendmount, Gulf States Alarm added.
    I saw this set of bars on one of the trd websites.
    http://www.trdparts4u.com/PD-PT785-35053.aspx?MakeID=1

The setup in question is essentially a set of the rails from the side of the bed that mount to the cleats that came with your bed rails, and the description says that it comes with Yakima mounts to use their bike trays like a roof rack.

Now personally, a little thin piece of metal shaped llike the cleat with a non fully boxed metal bar is not what I trust my bikes to. (considering that I am a competative cyclist, and when I have two of my bikes in the truck I am nearly doubling the value of the truck) Also, I am not too fond of yakima's racks, I prefer Thule so I am in the process of fabricating a set of Thule roof racks that also lock onto the cleats, keeping the bikes above the bed so that I still have plenty of space for coolers and firewood and the like when camping. I hope to finish this weekend and I'll post pictures then.

Adam

Products Discussed in

To Top