1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bilstein 5100's on 620lb coils

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Slashaar, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Apr 5, 2018 at 5:18 PM
    Slashaar

Slashaar [OP] Trail Limo Supreme & Certified Hole Massager

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Kansas City, MO
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma TRD-Sport DC LB
    Coastal HC Front, 6112s+650lb King Coils, JD 62 Swap + 14" Fox 2.0s
    I've been trying to sift through the threads in the search function but I can't find the answer.
    I was looking at
    https://bilsteinlifts.com/shop/toyo...-adjustable-3-inch-lift-kit-with-5100-shocks/
    as my suspension setup, currently I only plan to do some light wheeling/overlanding but I want to get about 2.5-3" of lift.
    I have a 2015 TRD-Sport DCLB V6 and currently the only weight I have on it really is a Ranch Hand. (<-- see profile pic) Eventually I want to move to front and rear steel bumpers, most likely Brute Force fab. Will these handle the added weight or will I have to swap coils or just swap the whole setup? I want a softer ride than stock but more capability. Money isn't really an issue, but the cheaper the solution the better, why I chose to ditch the kings/fox idea for the cheaper bilsteins. I don't ever plan to go rock crawling in MOAB or anything but driving through the mountains in Colorado and driving all the way through to Alaska are on the list. Thoughts?
    If all else fails I may revert back to a high end setup just for peace of mind.

Also, will I actually need a diff drop for this?

Products Discussed in

To Top