1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

bilstein 5100's

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by jeremy_283, Dec 25, 2008.

1. Dec 30, 2008 at 10:59 PM
    jeremy_283

jeremy_283 [OP] Super Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Offroad Access Cab 4x4 Auto 4.0L
    Hella Rallye 4000 Cornering Lights PIAA 510 Fog Lights All Pro Front Bumper All Pro Rear Bumper All Pro Transfer Case Skid All Pro IFS Skid All Pro Rock Sliders All Pro High Clearance Hitch OME Dakar Leaf Springs OME Rear Shocks OME Front Shocks OME 885 Front Coils Wet Okole Seat Covers WeatherTech Floor Liners Sony Head Unit JL XD600/1 Amp 2 JL Audio 10” Subwoofers Custom Subwoofer Enclosure Kenwood Front Speakers Sony Rear Speakers Sound Deadening Mats LED Interior Lighting Pop N’ Lock Tailgate Lock Viper Alarm System Extra D-Rings In Truck Bed Maglite Seat Mount Disable Seatbelt Chime Rear Differential Breather Relocation Hi-Lift Bed Mount Flexible Front Mud Flaps 110v Inverter Always At 400w ABS Kill Switch Locking Center Console Removed Sway Bar
    yup, lived here all my life, love it... but kids my age suck ass.... all they think there is to do around here is drink and party.... ****

2. Dec 31, 2008 at 4:38 PM
    Trackmaster

Trackmaster Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD 4X4
    http://truck12-08_39576661924e4e3a9481a5d91858893314795327.jpg

Sorry The Pic isnt that good Billys set at 1.75. Rear TSB with ToyTec Add a leaf for the TSB.

3. Dec 31, 2008 at 11:49 PM
    jeremy_283

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Hella Rallye 4000 Cornering Lights PIAA 510 Fog Lights All Pro Front Bumper All Pro Rear Bumper All Pro Transfer Case Skid All Pro IFS Skid All Pro Rock Sliders All Pro High Clearance Hitch OME Dakar Leaf Springs OME Rear Shocks OME Front Shocks OME 885 Front Coils Wet Okole Seat Covers WeatherTech Floor Liners Sony Head Unit JL XD600/1 Amp 2 JL Audio 10” Subwoofers Custom Subwoofer Enclosure Kenwood Front Speakers Sony Rear Speakers Sound Deadening Mats LED Interior Lighting Pop N’ Lock Tailgate Lock Viper Alarm System Extra D-Rings In Truck Bed Maglite Seat Mount Disable Seatbelt Chime Rear Differential Breather Relocation Hi-Lift Bed Mount Flexible Front Mud Flaps 110v Inverter Always At 400w ABS Kill Switch Locking Center Console Removed Sway Bar
    so if i get the TSB done for my truck what should I set my front bilsteins at? I want it levelish..... maybe barely if at all aimed downwards, but i DEFINENTLY DO NOT WANT my truck to have any upwards slant... so what setting?

4. Jan 1, 2009 at 12:00 AM
    4x4x4trd

4x4x4trd My other ride weighs 200 tons

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 White Access Cab TRD OR, Debadged
    AFE oil free drop in, Secondary removed, tint, front D-rings, Toyota bed mat, Undercover tonneau, TRD seat covers and floor mats, Pioneer speakers, Westin Platinum bars, Fumoto oil valve, short antena, Nifty Xtreme's, TSB leaf springs, Bilstein 5100's set at .85" in the front
    Every truck is different. I set mine in the front at .85" and got an inch of lift. The TSB gave me right at an inch of lift in the rear when it was done. Now that it has settled in and had a few heavy loads it rides 1" higher in the rear running light. When I pull my trailer or have a load on it the stance is level or barely lower in the rear. Set at 1.75" you would be close to level but nose high with any load at all. Most I've seen anyway. I don't think you would like the highest setting if your not going to AAL in the rear.

5. Jan 1, 2009 at 1:28 PM
    jeremy_283

Member:
    Vehicle:
    so considering i haul a quad or dirtbike around alot the .85 setting sounds best for me?.... we got the exact same truck pretty much

6. Jan 1, 2009 at 1:56 PM
    hoosiertaco

hoosiertaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    I hope to get some Billys one day, so I've read alot, and looked at alot of pics around here and I will be going with the .85 setting. I like a slight forward rake. Most all factory stances have it. Its all about personal preference though.

I really like the rides that go completely level better, but I plan on hauling and towing alot. Since you haul the quads alot, you would probably be happy with the .85 setting.

Remember, its not permanant, so if down the road you want to try the 1.75, you could always pull them off and try it.....:)

7. Jan 1, 2009 at 3:02 PM
    Trackmaster

Trackmaster Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD 4X4
    I have mine set on 1.75. When I first got them I just had the rear TSB. With a little weight in the back 200# my truck raked backwards (bad) with no weight it was perfect. That's why I went ahead and bought the ToyTec ad leaf. I like it real will know. The ride is good. The pic doesn't do it much justice.

8. Jan 1, 2009 at 3:07 PM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.
    I've set mine at 1.75 and it is nearly perfectly level (with TSB AAL).

[​IMG]

9. Jan 1, 2009 at 3:18 PM
    genxer36

genxer36 Lord of Tomfoolery

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Bethlehem,GA
    Tow package, XM Satellite radio, K & N Air filter, & Channel Vent Visors
    I'm ordering them tommorrow. I have a street (4x2) Prerunner DC. I'm happy with the ride height. But I also tow a bass boat. Should I set them at 0 all the way around? Or should I set the backs at the next notch up, to offset the extra load of my boat?

[​IMG]

10. Jan 1, 2009 at 3:18 PM
    jeremy_283

Member:
    Vehicle:
    ... but more work lol.... the factories have that rake for a reason too i guess, lol

11. Jan 2, 2009 at 2:33 AM
    4x4x4trd

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    AFE oil free drop in, Secondary removed, tint, front D-rings, Toyota bed mat, Undercover tonneau, TRD seat covers and floor mats, Pioneer speakers, Westin Platinum bars, Fumoto oil valve, short antena, Nifty Xtreme's, TSB leaf springs, Bilstein 5100's set at .85" in the front
    I've got two coolers of meat from a successful MO deer hunt and a load of firewood in this shot which would weigh alot more than a quad. Just barely nose high. Set at .85" in front and TSB in rear.
    [​IMG]

12. Jan 2, 2009 at 2:46 AM
    4x4x4trd

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    Only the front are adjustable for lift. But looking at your truck you don't appear to need any lift as it looks good level. Not saying you wouldn't like the ride quality of the 5100's over stock. The 5100's are about twice the diameter of the Toyota fleet type factory shocks even in the TRD package. They have better dampening as well. Best price I've seen is on Ebay at:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car....c0.m245&_trkparms=72:543|65:12|39:1|240:1318

Make Sonny an offer $10 or so less and I'll bet he'll take it. Good people to deal with.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.

Products Discussed in

To Top