1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bixenon morimoto mini

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by motoxmann, Jul 3, 2010.

1. Jul 3, 2010 at 7:01 PM
    motoxmann

motoxmann [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD Sport
    Fox 2.5 RR coilovers, Fox 2.0 piggyback rear, toytec aal, TC UCA's, weathertec liners, Wet Okoles, grillcraft in the mail
    http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=227

Has anyone used one of these kits from TRS? I want to do an HID conversion, but I want to use a projector and not just a set of bulbs. These kits look like they'd be the easiest to install. It appears that theres no modification of the headlight required ( short of opening it up and putting it back together). I'm sure the output isn't as great as a full on retro, but as long as it's good I'd rather go the easier route.

Also in the link it says that there's a d2s version coming for h4 setups. What's the benefit of this, and is it a better way to go? I won't be doing this for awhile, so it'll probably be out by the time I'm ready.

2. Jul 3, 2010 at 7:45 PM
    lookylookitzadam

lookylookitzadam Retrofit Club!

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    07 DC OffRoad
    D2S is an actual HID bulb. Your output will be better vs. the H1 I think the mini uses. Talk to Matt at TRS. He is really helpful. I am pretty sure the D2s minis are already out, just shoot him an email and ask. He sent me comparisons of this mini and they were very nice.

I got all my retrofit stuff there and they were all very helpful.

Products Discussed in

To Top