1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Blacking out the Tacoma

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by RyanBelliston, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Aug 13, 2011 at 4:52 PM
    RyanBelliston

RyanBelliston [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Diamond Bar
    Vehicle:
    2005 PreRunner
    Retrofit OEMs w/ 5000K bulbs HID 4300 Fogs Fog Light Mod LED Gauge Swap (Blue/Green/White needles) -Jerez 10'' Kenwood Subwoofer 1500W Planet Audio Amp Debadged Tinted Windows Mudflap delete AFE ProDry S intake Engage front LT 8inch Kings with 2x2 King bump stops. Strapped at 16 inches Engage 4-Link rear 16inch King coil overs strapped at 22 inches Custom Engage bumpers LED reverse lights LED license plate lights LED dome and map lights Flyzeye-Design (blue/white)
    just bought my new tacoma about 4 months ago and love it. its silver with tinted windows (so black tacoma signs would look good). I want to de-chrome the tacoma signs. Is there a thread on this site that shows me how to do it? Do I need to take the "Tacoma signs" completely off to do it right? Anything will help.

Also what kind of spray paint do I need? or do i even use spray paint???

2. Aug 13, 2011 at 4:54 PM
    tacoterror

tacoterror Member

Member:
    Ontario
    Vehicle:
    trd off road
    plasti-dip, thats what i blacked out my front toyota badge with

3. Aug 13, 2011 at 5:07 PM
    black tacoma 666

black tacoma 666 drive it like you stoll it

Member:
    CANADA
    Vehicle:
    07 4Dr TRD sport standard black tacoma
    cutted mud flap fumed tail lights badgeless T-rex grill ..more to come
    removing your badge will do a better job . I did it few months ago and it goes really well .. first. To remove take a good fishing web , heat gun or hair dryer and googone
    .heat the glue ,rub the line behind the badges so the glue can remove easyly take care !! do not broke your badge .Finally sand your badge a lill bit with some 400 or higher grit .. you can paint it with any good spary paint in a can or just plastidip .. to reput your badge take some 3M tape that sticks both sides and trim it install and its done .. but I prefer debadged truck ..up to you :)

blacktacoma666.

4. Aug 13, 2011 at 5:07 PM
    dYL0n

dYL0n أنا لست الإسلامي

Member:
    First Name:
    Dyl0n
    New Orleans, LA
    Vehicle:
    17TRDORDCSBQSJBLKBRO2SPECU1.04
    1.04. Kbro2s. ICONS.
    Just did mine yesterday. Plastidip. Don't have to remove the decals, and if you dont like it, just peel it off. Can't go wrong.

Products Discussed in

To Top