1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Blinded woman gets to put acid in attacker's eyes

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by BuckNakedBooda, May 14, 2011.

1. May 14, 2011 at 4:30 AM
    BuckNakedBooda

BuckNakedBooda [OP] There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Member:
    Woodbridge, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2013 Toyota Tundra Crewmax Limited 4x4
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43029928/ns/world_news-mideastn_africa/

Blinded woman gets to put acid in attacker's eyes
    Court's sentence stemming from 2004 attack to be carried out in Tehran

[​IMG]

An Iranian man found guilty of using acid to blind a woman who refused to marry him now will have the same done to him as punishment — and she'll be the one who carries out the sentence, her lawyer says.
    The lawyer said that at noon Saturday, Ameneh Bahrami would drop acid in both eyes of Majid Movahedi, 30, after he is rendered unconscious at a judiciary hospital in Tehran, The Guardian newspaper reported, citing Iranian media.

Bahrami was disfigured and blinded in 2004 when Movahedi threw acid in her face as she returned home from work, the Guardian reported. After Movahedi admitted to the attack, Bahrami asked a court to order an eye-for-an-eye retribution, under the Islamic law[​IMG] system of "qisas."
    The court did so in November 2008, calling for five drops of sulfuric acid to be placed in each of his eyes.

Iranian officials have endorsed the sentence, hoping to stop an increase in acid attacks, the Guardian said.
    The Washington Post reported that human rights groups and the British government had asked Bahrami to pardon Movahedi but that she had refused.

“I have been receiving numerous phone calls from Iranian human rights organizations based abroad,” Bahrami told the Post in a phone interview Friday. “They are pressuring me to pardon him. But I won’t do that.”
    Iran's government helped Bahrami, who has an electronics degree and worked in a medical engineering company before the attack, moved to Spain, where she underwent a series of unsuccessful operations.
    She briefly recovered half vision in her right eye in 2007 but an infection blinded her again, the Guardian said.

Bahrami, now in her 30s, wrote a book about her ordeal, “Eye for an Eye,” which was published in Germany.

2. May 14, 2011 at 4:45 AM
    kinetik873

kinetik873 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Springfield, Va.
    Vehicle:
    '08 TRD
    OME 3" lift, ARB bumper,DTRL, CB radio in console, 5lb fire extinguisher in bed. SockMonkey decals, Allpro rear bumper, UWS 42" bed box, Wet Okoles all around, snorkel, Pioneer Av3200, ..yadda yadda yadda
    This. I am more inclined to agree with this style of punishment than paying 20K+/year for someone to sit in a cell. I also believe that punishments should be public. To quote Max Brooks WWZ, "Shame is a powerful deterrent, but it depends on everyone else doing the right thing. No one wants to be in stocks with a sign that says I stole from my neighbor"

On the other side of the coin, I work with a reformed convict (he kidnapped a banker and robbed a bank, shot it out with police and took 9 rounds.) who learned a trade while he was locked up is now a master tool and die maker and is an invaluable asset to my company.

3. May 14, 2011 at 4:57 AM
    Caduceus

Caduceus Well-Known Member

Member:
    in the Bluegrass
    Vehicle:
    09 DCSB TRD 4x4
    Well, she was pretty hot.

Good for Iran for sticking to their guns and laws. Though I really think the guy should NOT be put under for something like this. And she should really take her time putting those drops in.

4. May 14, 2011 at 5:33 AM
    90YotaPU

90YotaPU The Messiah

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Union County, NJ
    Vehicle:
    1990 Toyota 4x4 (Pre-Taco)
    Aftermarket Stereo, Spidertrax Wheel Spacers, HF Air Horns, 3" Lift
    I think this is awesome (though I wish it never happened in the first place). I wish the people running this country had more of a backbone and would start this type of policy. I'm love the SOB's who say that it was wrong we killed Osama because he was unarmed. Apparently it wasn't wrong for him to take my father-in-law when he was unarmed and just sitting at work.

5. May 14, 2011 at 5:57 AM
    BuckNakedBooda

BuckNakedBooda [OP] There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Member:
    Woodbridge, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2013 Toyota Tundra Crewmax Limited 4x4
    I am truly sorry for the loss of your father-in-law on 9/11. I cannot even imagine the pain your wife must be going through with all of the events that have occurred here recently. I do hope that there is a sense of relief for both of you.....

6. May 14, 2011 at 6:14 AM
    AeroCooper

AeroCooper Half the strength of ten (microscopic men)

Member:
    NH
    Vehicle:
    2018 Barcelona Access Cab Off Road
    Remote start, tailgate inserts, nifty key fob case, Husky X-Act floor liners, AVS vent shades, bed mat, MX4 Tonneau cover, Tyger step rails
    Wow, she has some strong conviction to want to go through with it even with people pleading with her to give him a break. And understandably so.
    I feel bad for the guy, but he didn't feel bad doing it to her, so fuck him, he's getting what he deserves.

7. May 14, 2011 at 6:25 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    It's too bad he'll be put under for it, plus it looks like she got a hell of a lot more than 5 drops to the eyes, her whole face got it. That guy should get a swirly in an acid toilet!

Products Discussed in

To Top