1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

block heater install tip

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by reg boulette, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Jul 31, 2009 at 3:30 AM
    reg boulette

reg boulette [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Installed a block heater on my 09 V6 yesterday. The part number (Canada) is PU140-00900. Thank you to all previous posters with info, location of slide in hole, and instructions.

Found that front wheel and rubber flap removal was not necessary if you have wheel ramps. If you have thin arms you can reach up into the area where the block heater slides in and put it in while lying on your back. (let exhaust system cool first)

I pre-connected the power cord to the block heater first (use di-electric grease on the connection) then dangled the cord/heater down through the engine to the starter area. This ensures the cord is oriented upward. (also, trying to line up the power cord connection if the block heater is already clicked in is very difficult)

The heater part has a couple of detentes on the end so you have to rotate it around once it's in the hole so that they slide into notches. You can rotate the clip part so that it lines up with its socket. You can do a dry run first (put a little grease on the block heater) then once you've got things lined up, do a final greasing and slide everything into place. It is quite easy to pop off the clip with a long slot screw driver if you have to remove the block heater.

There are several good pictures of the block heater location on various forums - the ones on TTORA are good. Myself, no camera and on 26 kps dialup.

Had installed RedLineTuner hood lifts the day before. Work great and come in handy. Would have needed a step ladder to prop up hood once truck was on ramps!

Products Discussed in

To Top