1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Blower Motor Fan Noise

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by MountainMan227, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Jan 3, 2020 at 7:16 AM
    MountainMan227

MountainMan227 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Hey y’all, just bought a 2010 SR5, the first blower motor I had was making awful sounds and was totally shot. I just replaced it with a brand new one from autozone. Unfortunately there’s a very distinct “fan noise”. Now obviously I know I’m hearing exactly what it is, a fan, but is this normal in tacos? It sounds smooth and clean but it sounds like a little fan for camping. Any suggestions?

2. Jan 3, 2020 at 7:31 AM
    clenkeit

clenkeit Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Lakewood, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 White DCLB TRD Sport
    Do some searches, this is a VERY common problem. People have had varied luck with different aftermarket offerings but generally if you want to make sure you don't have the noise return and that the fan is relatively quite you just need to fork out the $$ and get OEM.

3. Jan 3, 2020 at 7:19 PM
    Lashmett75

Lashmett75 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD
    I think there was a recall for this

4. Jan 3, 2020 at 8:21 PM
    TRDSport10

TRDSport10 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Rhode Island & Virginia
    Vehicle:
    '10 AC TRD Sport 4x4 - Silver
    TRD Exhaust, Tube Steps, Towing Hitch, Paint Protection Film, Bed Mat, Wheel Locks, Spare Tire Lock, First Aid Kit, Ashtray Cup, TRD Air Filter, TRD Oil Cap, TRD Radiator Cap, FJ TRD Hub Caps, FJ TRD Shift Knob, BackFlip F1, TSB Rear Springs, Coupe TRD Battery Hold Down Bar, KatzKin Leather Seats with W.E.T. Seat Heaters, WeatherTech: FloorLiners DigitalFit, Side Window Deflectors, ClearCover License, LampGard
    TSB (Tech Service Bulletin) T-SB-0162-11 Abnormal Blower Motor Noise, covers 2005-2011 Tacomas. R&R blower motor was covered under Toyota Comprehensive Warranty for up to 36 months or 36,000 miles. Thus, expired long ago.

Replacement Part Number 87103-04043 – Motor Sub-Assy, Blower w/Fan.

Bad blower in my Taco was replaced by the dealer in 2012 with OEM part and that eliminated the blower fan noise. Not exactly silent today, but not abnormal and obnoxious as it was before replacement.

No doubt there are other acceptable less expensive replacements – however, based on my experience I recommend the OEM.

Products Discussed in

To Top