1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Blower Motor Issue

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by JCH, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Mar 9, 2016 at 9:32 AM
    Blkturbo!

Blkturbo! Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma; 05 Seadoo RXP; 94 Turbo Supra
    Icon Coilovers, Downsouth UCAs, rear Icon "2.5" shocks and Toytec single AAL. Still gotta do exhaust, dark headlights and re-gear the rear diff.
    Yea it's all hilarious. Thanks for the pic man, yea no fukn problem at all. Terminology threw me with "floorboard" comment, primarily because a friend told me last summer that he'd already "known" about some faulty "switch" under the pass seat. Behind dash board makes much more sense obviously....plus, not sure what my buddy was reading about whatever switch under seat. I'll be sure to chuckle all day when any of you guys try to do a full blown show quality paintjob on your vehicles :D :D In other words, we each have our own talents, ha. Thanks again for the pic... i'm sure it's easy hell

Crom likes this.
  2. Jun 19, 2016 at 10:15 AM
    JST86

JST86 Member

Member:
    Thanks for The Helpful information... I am now on a search-and-replace that resistor mission!!

3. Jun 19, 2016 at 11:06 AM
    JST86

JST86 Member

Member:
    Update...yes I found that connector and sure as hell the damn thing was burnt and has burnt marks on the pin. I took a very small Precision screwdriver and cleaned the burnt portions off by scraping it clean on the inside of the connector and plugged it back in and the low and medium settings on the air conditioner started working fine... but I am curious... if anyone happens to know... where my connector plugs into the pen it looks like it's held in by two very small bolts... may be 3/16 to a quarter inch bolt....if I take those two bolts out is that where the resistor is housed?...because I could not get up in there and clean out any burnt areas on the pins. I would like to replace it and I guess I'll have to find a pen-pusher of some sort to get the connectors pushed out of the connector housing does anyone have any information on this??

4. Jun 20, 2016 at 1:26 AM
    Jimmyh

Jimmyh Well-Known Member

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    2012 Prerunner SR5
    Yes, that is where the resistor pack is located.

Why not just buy the new updated connector.

[​IMG]

5. Jul 13, 2016 at 9:53 AM
    Clcbecker

Clcbecker Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    Pomona
    Vehicle:
    '15 Tacoma DCSB
    Had the same issue. AC sometimes wouldn't turn on. Tap the blower and it would start then work for a while. Changed the connector and put in new resistor. Problem is still there. Any ideas? Could the dash switch actually be the issue?

6. Jul 13, 2016 at 4:54 PM
    Jimmyh

Jimmyh Well-Known Member

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    2012 Prerunner SR5
    It could be yes.

Products Discussed in

To Top