1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

blowing stop lite fuses

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by blac tac, Aug 6, 2010.

1. Aug 6, 2010 at 9:50 PM
    blac tac

blac tac [OP] New Member

Member:
    b.c. canada
    Vehicle:
    06 4 door trd
    has any one heard of this,my 06 keeps blowing stop lite fuses,the trans locks in park,you gotta take the little tab by the shifter off to override it.i took it to the dealer,they said cant find any problems why this happened.any body else?

2. Aug 6, 2010 at 10:13 PM
    NelsonTacoma

NelsonTacoma This is my derpawayinator!!!!!

Member:
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD Sport 03 4Runner Limited 4wd
    Bilstein 5100's , 6000k HID Hi/Low Kit, Magnaflow Muffler, 1.5 inch AP Wheel Spacers, Mudflap Delete
    Sounds like your brake switch is going bad. The brake switch activates the brake lights as well as releasing the shifter so you can shift from park. It could be shorted internally causing the fuse to blow.

3. Aug 6, 2010 at 11:51 PM
    joes06tacoma

joes06tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Central Coast, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Off Road Access Cab v6 6spd
    LEER Shell with dome lights operated with 3 way switches, aux backup lights with relay and 3 position switch, modified wiring to compass/temp display and clock to include switch that disables dimming function (poor man's DRL solution), Scan Gauge 2
    Any mods to your truck? Camper shell? Trailer wiring? We had this problem with an 05 taco at work. Someone did a crappy job wiring the third brake light on the camper shell. The wire was pinched and was grounding out and blowing the fuse. Also check your brake/taillight bulbs. I have seen filaments break and cross the tail and brake circuits together. I suppose it could create a dead short as well.

4. Aug 7, 2010 at 6:06 AM
    larryde09

larryde09 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Larry
    Boston, MA
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Sport, White Double Cab "Yeti"
    Current: DR750S-2CH Dash Cam, USB Fast Charger in stock blank, Hondo Garage phone mount Previous: 2006 Black 2.7L 5-spd SR5 4x4 Access Cab - K&N Cold Air Intake, Modified Magnaflow Cat-back Exhaust, Altezza Tail Lights, Pop&Lock Tailgate Lock, Extang Trifecta Tonneau Cover, PIAA foglights with stock switch, DrawTite Hitch, OBX Shift Knob, Hood Protector, Vent Visors, DIY step bars, DIY Bed Lights, DIY Ground Lights, DIY Tailgate Electrical Box, Aftermarket switches in stock dash blanks, Sony Head Unit, Illuminated 4x4 switch mod
    x2...particularly regarding the brake switch

Products Discussed in

To Top