1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Blue Logic Handsfree communication

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by MacT66, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Feb 27, 2009 at 6:56 AM
    MacT66

MacT66 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 DC 4x4 defective springs toyota wont fix
    Topper, Bed Rug, factory weak,mushy, rear springs
    This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Feb 27, 2009 at 7:05 AM
    EquinsuOcha

EquinsuOcha Bourbon

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Ft Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner
    AFE Drop-in filter, Wet Okole seat covers, Hifonics 6.5" components in front, MA Audio midbasses in rear, Kicker 8", RE Audio 2 channel for components, Elemental Designs bridged 2-channel for sub, CB, Devil Horns, Rancho QuickLift, Rancho RS9000XL rear shocks, Toytec AAL, stickers, things and stuff.
    I'd be interested to see some pictures of it in a Tacoma.

3. Feb 27, 2009 at 7:08 AM
    MacT66

Member:
    Vehicle:
    It is a new item carried by toyota. I am researching it before I decide to buy it. Dealer wanted $400 installed.

4. Feb 27, 2009 at 9:09 AM
    MacT66

Member:
    Vehicle:
    ok, I emailed the ebay seller and he sent me pdf on how to install the kit. it is 1.2mb. I can post it here if that is allowed by the moderators.

5. Mar 24, 2009 at 6:38 AM
    Slab

Slab Active Member

Member:
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off road double cab
    Can you go ahead and post it? If not, can I PM you my email address?

6. Mar 24, 2009 at 8:51 AM
    Veccster

Veccster bass turds

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Pittsburgh - The City of Champions
    Vehicle:
    2020 Pro
    I am interested as well. I got most options on my truck but, regretfully, not the bluetooth.

I was going to look for a new head unit that was bluetooth capable. Maybe this is a better route.

7. Mar 24, 2009 at 5:36 PM
    TightShirts

TightShirts The StormTrooper

Member:
    First Name:
    TightShirts
    Phoenix... The Land of Lifted Trucks & Dirty Sluts
    Vehicle:
    08 Rugged Trail Ed
    Tint, Clear Bra, De-badged, In-Dash DVD, 09 Led Tail Lights, Chris4x4's old OME front shocks, 1.5" Deaver AAL with OME n182s, black billet in white sport grill, BHLM w/4500k HIDs + Fogs, bumper blackout

why would you spend that kind of money for hands free calling only? you can buy a aftermarket stereo that has bluetooth for less than $200 now... plus it would play mp3 cds and have an aux input which means you could hook up your ipod (or anything with a headphones jack on it), plus it would sound better.

http://sm.crutchfield.com/p_158MEXBT27/Sony-Xplod-MEX-BT2700.html?tp=5685

also this is going to be easier to install since most models have the mic on the faceplate... no running wires up to the sunvisors for the hands free mic. i can do a aftermarket stereo in about 30 min.

8. Mar 25, 2009 at 7:36 AM
    Bookem

Bookem Active Member

Member:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    2017 Super White TRD Pro, DC
    I am getting this installed right now. It was negotiated into the purchase of the vehicle. I got it for $299 installed...they originally wanted $399. I will post later and let everyone know how it works.

9. Mar 25, 2009 at 7:39 AM
    Slab

Slab Active Member

Member:
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    Great! I'd love to see pictures and details about where the mic is located, how well it works, etc.

10. Mar 25, 2009 at 1:17 PM
    Slab

Slab Active Member

Member:
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
  11. Mar 26, 2009 at 7:33 AM
    Slab

Slab Active Member

Member:
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    Are all the buttons to the right of the steering wheel, under the hvac controls, used?

12. Mar 26, 2009 at 4:03 PM
    Bookem

Bookem Active Member

Member:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    2017 Super White TRD Pro, DC
    There was one button available. The tech said they were slightly different and he would have to do some modification to put it there. I told him to do whatever was easier. I will say having it to the left of the steering wheel is more convenient since it is easier to access...you have to push the blue logic button every time you need to answer the phone. I personally think the tech was full of crap about the buttons being different.

13. Mar 27, 2009 at 8:18 AM
    Slab

Slab Active Member

Member:
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    I wonder how hard it would be to relocate the DAC button to the blank button on the right.

14. Mar 27, 2009 at 9:19 AM
    TightShirts

Member:
    First Name:
    TightShirts
    Vehicle:
    08 Rugged Trail Ed
    Tint, Clear Bra, De-badged, In-Dash DVD, 09 Led Tail Lights, Chris4x4's old OME front shocks, 1.5" Deaver AAL with OME n182s, black billet in white sport grill, BHLM w/4500k HIDs + Fogs, bumper blackout
    with a aftermarket deck you don't have to run wires or install buttons since you simply use the buttons on the face for operations... now how is that not cheaper and easier?

15. Mar 27, 2009 at 9:25 AM
    Slab

Slab Active Member

Member:
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    Does your aftermarket deck use the factory steering wheel audio controls?

16. Mar 27, 2009 at 9:28 AM
    TightShirts

Member:
    First Name:
    TightShirts
    Vehicle:
    08 Rugged Trail Ed
    my truck doesn't have steering wheel controls and i'm not that lazy that i can't reach a foot to the right of the steering wheel, but YES it can with an adapter...

17. Mar 27, 2009 at 9:37 AM
    Slab

Slab Active Member

Member:
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    My truck has steering wheel controls that I'm interested in keeping active. It is not my preference to have controls on my steering wheel that are worthless. Also not my preference to remove the factory stereo. I'm unclear what exactly you are contributing to this thread re: Blu Logic Handsfree. I'm very aware I can buy an aftermarket stereo for under $200 from Crutchfield. I'm aware I can install it in under 30 minutes. I've done it a dozen times. thanks for your "input".

Since I want to install the subject device and the only open button spot I have is to the right of the steering wheel, I'm curious if anyone has any input re: the idea of relocating the DAC button to the spot to the right of the steering wheel so that the bluetooth button can go in the vacated DAC button location.

18. Mar 27, 2009 at 10:07 AM
    Veccster

Veccster bass turds

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Pittsburgh - The City of Champions
    Vehicle:
    2020 Pro
    Wow...this isn't even your thread and you are busting chops for someone adding their opinion or solution.

I'm chiming in to add THAT without offering any valuable info to the thread.

Also, FYI, the OP was asking if anyone has INSTALLED the Blue Logic Handsfree system - he's not asking who is interested in it.

19. Mar 27, 2009 at 10:20 AM
    TightShirts

Member:
    First Name:
    TightShirts
    Vehicle:
    08 Rugged Trail Ed
    right... and like i said you can get an adapter- but i can still make fun of you for being lazy :p

ok, well thats you're preference- but for others who haven't weighed out the benefits of replacing the stocker they might find some of my info useful, and if i help 1 person and piss off 100 including you- thats fine with me.

i like to do things that can be un-done so i'll use a bolt-on kit with a stereo made by a reputable company rather than buy some random part off of ebay and cut holes in my dash... THEN if i decide to sell the truck i can keep the aftermarket deck for my next vehicle and simply put the stocker back in and no one will ever know the other one was there- while you end up giving away your "ebay special" away the truck because you can't take it out...

comparing devices...

the aftermarket deck is: can be cheaper or more expensive, faster installation (no cutting or drilling), you can put it in any car later, adds mp3 playback, adds aux input, adds ipod connection, good warranty from well known company, and on top of that BETTER SOUND QUATILY!!!

the bluetooth adaper is: exspensive, painful installation which may require cutting holes in the dash, only getting hands free, does retain the stock look, you can use steering wheel control out of the box (if you have/need them), will only work for one specific vehicle, who is blue logic?, how good is there customer service?, can you add a ipod/aux input adapter later?
    (question marks are things that i don't know the answer to- but might play a part in someones decision on what to buy)

each person does have their own preference, and mine is to not overpay for something so i don't understand why you are so quick to dismiss me. do you want to prove me wrong or something? because you were pretty quick to try and mess me up with that steering wheel control question. and as far as i'm concerned you didn't create this thread so until MacT66 tells me that i'm not helping him- i'm gonna stay right here and keep giving my "input"

i can't help you with this... so someone else will have to give their "input" on the "subject device"

20. Mar 27, 2009 at 10:28 AM
    TightShirts

Member:
    First Name:
    TightShirts
    Vehicle:
    08 Rugged Trail Ed
    i do understand that, i assumed that he was contemplating purchase and i just wanted to make sure he knew that there were other options available. just giving my .02 on the matter... but we all know what happens when you assume :D

Products Discussed in

To Top