1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Blue Sea aux fuse block install

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by tooblutacoma06, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Jun 28, 2017 at 6:35 PM
    dirty deeds

dirty deeds Big Blue Nation!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Eastern KY
    Vehicle:
    '14 Wht AC SR, 2.7, MT, Baja wheels
    PlastiDip front emblem, twine, and Scotch tape
    ChadsPride likes this.
  2. Aug 8, 2017 at 8:09 AM
    Luckyirish247

Luckyirish247 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    What I have not seen in this thread is hooking them up with light bars and other things with switches, how would that be done? I'm new

3. Aug 10, 2017 at 10:53 PM
    hoverlover

hoverlover Never pet a burning dog.

Member:
    C-137, Laniakea, Virgo, Milky Way, Earth, USA, TX
    Vehicle:
    Things. Stuff. Lots of bad decisions.
    Mostly Zip-Ties
    Welcome! Just follow the wiring instructions that came with your light bar but instead of connecting directly to the battery, you're connecting to the fuse block. If you're not sure about wiring switches and relays there are tons of good videos on YouTube.

4. Aug 21, 2017 at 8:51 AM
    outxider

outxider Never stop exploring. Rest in Paradise Big Bro.

Member:
    First Name:
    Sang
    East Bay, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 DCSB 4x4
    A few mods here and there and counting....
  5. Sep 13, 2017 at 7:35 PM
    mikeytacoma13

mikeytacoma13 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    michael
    Sun Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    2013 toyota tacoma TRD
    Noob here. I was wondering if anyone has any wire diagrams of their fuse box. I don't under stand where all the wires go looking. At getting 40" light bar, 4 pod lights for front bumper. Switcher for inside the cab. And how do you go through the FIRE WALL

6. Sep 13, 2017 at 8:15 PM
    hoverlover

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Mostly Zip-Ties
    I found a convenient hole plugged with nothing more than a rubber grommet on the firewall. I Just used a soldering gun with a pencil tip to melt the carpet inside the cab from the engine bay. Widened the hole some with a unibit, added a little liquid electrical tape, shielded my wires and added a grommet. No leaks inside the cab and the wires dumped just above my clutch pedal.

Sorry for the crappy night time cell pic, I can get better pictures tomorrow in the light if you like.

IMG_2574.jpg

That hole is on the drivers side, basically right in front of the steering wheel.

Tatoryota likes this.
  7. Sep 13, 2017 at 8:24 PM
    hoverlover

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Mostly Zip-Ties
    Are you talking about a wiring diagram for the blue sea fuse block?

8. Sep 13, 2017 at 8:43 PM
    mikeytacoma13

mikeytacoma13 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    michael
    Sun Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    2013 toyota tacoma TRD
    Yes I am I dont understand where the wires go from the blue sea fuse box "A" to "B" if that makes sense

9. Sep 16, 2017 at 2:09 PM
    hoverlover

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Mostly Zip-Ties
    To what ever accessory you're trying to run. Power goes from the battery to a circuit breaker to the fuse box. Then it's basically just plug and play off of the fuse block.

Here's a simple example, if you're hooking up an LED light bar, the bar would connect to the positive terminals and the negative terminals on the fuse block. You could also use any other suitable ground available. Then simply run the control wire to the switch and you're good to go.
    (Assuming you're using a simple switch.)

If you're having trouble running power to the fuse bank, here's how I did mine. Ignore the mess, I'm currently running wires and hooking up new back up lights.

IMG_2633.jpg

Hope that helps! If not let us know

LocoLocal, gumpjr23 and ready6delta like this.
  10. Sep 16, 2017 at 2:15 PM
    hoverlover

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Mostly Zip-Ties
    And here are some better pics of how I ran the wires through the fire wall

IMG_2636.jpg IMG_2634.jpg

LocoLocal likes this.
  11. Nov 20, 2017 at 4:02 PM
    rannon

rannon Active Member

Member:
    Hi guys, can you explain how to incorporate the relay into the wiring after the blue sea box? I have two light bars I'd like to install in this fashion. I have the main line from the battery, circuit breaker, then the box - but then I get confused. How does the relay come into play? Also, does the relay get grounded to the bus bar on my Blue Sea box? Does the light bar get grounded there too? Any help would be appreciated.
    Cheers

12. Jan 1, 2018 at 10:26 PM
    bkrdave36

bkrdave36 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Wittmann,AZ
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner Double Cab Black
    Daystar 3 inch lift, Icon Stage 3 Rear Leaf Springs, Durobump bump stops,Bilstein 5125 shocks, BFG All Terrain KO2 Tires, Avid Light bar and step rails, Victory 4x4 bed rack with Tepui Ayer Rooftop Tent, Anytime Fog light mod, Outside Air Temp Gauge mod, ImMrYo Rearview Mirror mod, Chinese Knockoff LED lights, Body Armor 4x4 Offroad Swingout rear tire carrier and bumper, Victory 4x4 Bed Stiffeners, Rattle can Custom Camo paint stripe, Truxedo Lo Pro tonneau cover, various Blue Ridge Overland Gear storage solutions in cab, thats it so far .... to be continued!
  13. Jan 2, 2018 at 2:11 PM
    trinidadlad

trinidadlad Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dakota
    Vehicle:
    08 white base 5lug
    Anyone know if there’s a mount like this made for a 2016? Getting ready to order the parts and don’t want to have to make my own bracket lol

14. Jan 3, 2018 at 11:20 AM
    zh137dz

zh137dz Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nashville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Sport
    too many lights
    I didn't use any of the fuse locations in this box, but used the relay mounting to make it more waterproof in conjunction with my fuse block:
    20171218_160533.jpg

I have the Pelfreybilt panel and their website says 2005+ Tacoma. Might be worth an email to see if it fits.

15. Jan 3, 2018 at 12:05 PM
    TheDrMaSuess

TheDrMaSuess Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Loren
    South Jordan, UT
    Vehicle:
    "Big-Red" Tacoma
    Custom Bumper Fab'd by me, Warn VR-8s, Cab mount chop, Dosecc Sliders, Dosecc BedCage, CVT RTT, Timbren active offroad bumpstops F/R, Nitto Ridge Grappler, Blue Sea Systems Aux Fuse Block, PIAA Fogs, Rough Country X5 LIghtbar, EBC Stage 5 Brake Pads/rotors, 6" Tough Country Lift (hate it), AFE Cold air intake, Custom Exhaust, Nascar Tip
    I went the Blue sea route but if you aren't going to be adding more than 6 accessories... would Highly recommend It will save you some money

16. Jan 3, 2018 at 12:09 PM
    TheDrMaSuess

TheDrMaSuess Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Loren
    South Jordan, UT
    Vehicle:
    "Big-Red" Tacoma
    Custom Bumper Fab'd by me, Warn VR-8s, Cab mount chop, Dosecc Sliders, Dosecc BedCage, CVT RTT, Timbren active offroad bumpstops F/R, Nitto Ridge Grappler, Blue Sea Systems Aux Fuse Block, PIAA Fogs, Rough Country X5 LIghtbar, EBC Stage 5 Brake Pads/rotors, 6" Tough Country Lift (hate it), AFE Cold air intake, Custom Exhaust, Nascar Tip
    I mounted my relays on the underside of my bracket (See screws on right side) but I built my own bracket out of Lexan and then used bedliner to make it Black. Yes they can ground to the Blue sea box. Wiring can seem pretty complicated but once you get going you'll understand it quickly.

TacoAuxFuseMounted.jpg

ready6delta likes this.
  17. Nov 28, 2021 at 8:11 PM
    20somethingwidataco

20somethingwidataco Yes, my avatar is a real car.

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Washington State
    Vehicle:
    2008 AC TRD SPORT M/T
    ACLB 6 SPEED: Suspension: Bilstein 6112s (3rd perch) (F) Taco Lean Spacer Bilstein 5160s (R) TSB Leaf Pack Wheelers Offroad 3 leaf progressive AAL Wheelers Superbump Front Duro Bump U bolt flip kit Duro Bump progressive bump stop 3rd gen TRD offroad sway bar Wheels and Tires: Summit Racing Wheel Dakars (Polished Silver) 285/70r/17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratrax (Load D) "Performance": AFE CAI with custom powdercoated white filter cover MagnaFlow Performance Series Exhaust URD Cam gears XTP Intake Manifold Spacer OTT Torque Tune Brakes: Stoptech Slotted Rotors TRD ceramic pads Wheelers offroad SS brakelines (Front) Interior: Kenwood DD headunit Oem Subaru Kicker Tweeters Alpine 6x9 (Front) & 6.5 (rear) (With Taco tunes speaker mounts) Alpine 500 watt amp Sound Deadening (Doors, Rear "wall", Roof) ODI Rouge Shift Knob Weather Tech Mats Painted/wrapped trim pieces Console Safe Console Vault Gridx Organizer Ram Phone Mount Meso Customs dual color map lights Meso Customs dual color dome light Wet Okole seat covers (Black) Wet Okole center console cover (Black) 1" Seat Raisers (Driver & Passenger) AJT Designs climate control and 4x4 knobs Back Up Camera Lighting: Retrofits (Mini H1's, RGB Halos, 5500k Bulbs)(Lenses wrapped in self healing PPF) Diode Dynamics SS3 Max SAE (Yellow) Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro (Yellow) Driving lights Anytime fog mod Rigid Industries E series 32" Combo bar (spot/flood) Diode Dynamics XPR Reverse Lights Diode Dynamics XP80 turn signals LED brake, parking lights and license plate lights Armor: Apex All Pro sliders BPF steel skid plate Bigass Trailer Hitch Camping/Storage: Leer canopy LED interior lighting Sleeping platform (Storage underneath) Removable snowboard Yakima mounts Extra D rings in bed (6 total) Custom Powder coated white snow shovel with custom bedrail mounts Amazon special Traction Boards Hi Lift 48" Jack with custom Rail mounts to accommodate my sleeper set up Other: All pro Bed Stiffeners Relentless Fab tailgate panel TRD sport graphics (Turd Gen spec) Anti Sun glare hood scoop wrap (Satin Black) Custom FleeBay grille 4 Hella supertones ECGS needle bearing 4 patches (for now) BPF shackle mount (With smittybuilt shackle) Tinted windows (Front/Rear + Full canopy)(18%) Meso Customs gasshole AVS inchannel window visors Diff Breather Kit 2012-2015 Oem Turn signal/folding mirrors (w/ sequential signals) 2012-2015 Oem LED taillights Full Size (285/70r17) spare DIY Larger Engine Splash Guards DIY Vipercut
    How do you know what amp fuse to use for all of your accessories? My sound system probably uses a different amperage than my rigid bars or pods do

18. Dec 4, 2021 at 2:23 PM
    goosevz

goosevz Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '21 DCLB OR
    Check the manufacturer specs for the operating draw for each item. Size up slightly. For example, two Rigid 4" bars draw something like 3 amps. You would use a 5 amp fuse.

19. Dec 4, 2021 at 5:13 PM
    20somethingwidataco

20somethingwidataco Yes, my avatar is a real car.

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Washington State
    Vehicle:
    2008 AC TRD SPORT M/T
    ACLB 6 SPEED: Suspension: Bilstein 6112s (3rd perch) (F) Taco Lean Spacer Bilstein 5160s (R) TSB Leaf Pack Wheelers Offroad 3 leaf progressive AAL Wheelers Superbump Front Duro Bump U bolt flip kit Duro Bump progressive bump stop 3rd gen TRD offroad sway bar Wheels and Tires: Summit Racing Wheel Dakars (Polished Silver) 285/70r/17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratrax (Load D) "Performance": AFE CAI with custom powdercoated white filter cover MagnaFlow Performance Series Exhaust URD Cam gears XTP Intake Manifold Spacer OTT Torque Tune Brakes: Stoptech Slotted Rotors TRD ceramic pads Wheelers offroad SS brakelines (Front) Interior: Kenwood DD headunit Oem Subaru Kicker Tweeters Alpine 6x9 (Front) & 6.5 (rear) (With Taco tunes speaker mounts) Alpine 500 watt amp Sound Deadening (Doors, Rear "wall", Roof) ODI Rouge Shift Knob Weather Tech Mats Painted/wrapped trim pieces Console Safe Console Vault Gridx Organizer Ram Phone Mount Meso Customs dual color map lights Meso Customs dual color dome light Wet Okole seat covers (Black) Wet Okole center console cover (Black) 1" Seat Raisers (Driver & Passenger) AJT Designs climate control and 4x4 knobs Back Up Camera Lighting: Retrofits (Mini H1's, RGB Halos, 5500k Bulbs)(Lenses wrapped in self healing PPF) Diode Dynamics SS3 Max SAE (Yellow) Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro (Yellow) Driving lights Anytime fog mod Rigid Industries E series 32" Combo bar (spot/flood) Diode Dynamics XPR Reverse Lights Diode Dynamics XP80 turn signals LED brake, parking lights and license plate lights Armor: Apex All Pro sliders BPF steel skid plate Bigass Trailer Hitch Camping/Storage: Leer canopy LED interior lighting Sleeping platform (Storage underneath) Removable snowboard Yakima mounts Extra D rings in bed (6 total) Custom Powder coated white snow shovel with custom bedrail mounts Amazon special Traction Boards Hi Lift 48" Jack with custom Rail mounts to accommodate my sleeper set up Other: All pro Bed Stiffeners Relentless Fab tailgate panel TRD sport graphics (Turd Gen spec) Anti Sun glare hood scoop wrap (Satin Black) Custom FleeBay grille 4 Hella supertones ECGS needle bearing 4 patches (for now) BPF shackle mount (With smittybuilt shackle) Tinted windows (Front/Rear + Full canopy)(18%) Meso Customs gasshole AVS inchannel window visors Diff Breather Kit 2012-2015 Oem Turn signal/folding mirrors (w/ sequential signals) 2012-2015 Oem LED taillights Full Size (285/70r17) spare DIY Larger Engine Splash Guards DIY Vipercut
    Perfect example, thank you!

20. Dec 5, 2021 at 8:15 AM
    goosevz

goosevz Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '21 DCLB OR
    No problem. If you can't figure out the draw, just err on the side of caution and size up if/when they blow.

Products Discussed in

To Top