1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Blue Tooth options/opinions

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by 4drLB, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Jan 7, 2010 at 4:01 PM
    4drLB

4drLB [OP] Active Member

Member:
    RI
    Vehicle:
    SR5
    I Just got a new 2010 tacoma right before Christmas. I wanted the Blu logic system installed. I was expecting what is shown in the owners manual, with steering wheel controls. What got was one of the parrot units. I feel a little ripped off. I have brought it up with the dealership and I will be going there friday after work. The dealer is not capable of installing the Blue Logic system shown in the manual. Only the system without steering wheel controls that has a button next to the fog light button. I have played with the parrot system and like some features of it but I want to know what I might be missing with the Blu Logic system. I was thinking of getting the parts for the steering wheel system and installing myself. Anyone like one over the other? I have no display but like the ability to use it on the factory stereo.
    How is the sound on the Blu Logic system?
    Does the Blu Logic system installed by the dealers have the same functions as the factory (steering wheel buttons) unit?

Thanks.

p.s. the dealership did a crap job installing it. scratched dash. jammed cable for the parrot control under the hvac controls. placed the control over the scratches to hide them.

I had shoddy work. i like a clean install.

2. Jan 7, 2010 at 4:40 PM
    Buzzoff

Buzzoff Don't go ninja'in nobody don't need ninja'in

Member:
    The Nickel/5th Ward
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma DC TRD Speedway Blue
    Blacked out windows, 5100's@1.75", KMC XD Hoss795 16x8
    I have no knowledge/opinion/experience of the Blu Logic you speak of. My blu logic is located near the compass/temperature gauge (I guess where the sunglass holder would be). I am not able to use my steering wheel controls with mine. I still enjoy it, but this is my first bluetooth ever.
    I use it everyday and the sound quality is so-so. I can see there being better ones out there that are less expensive and with better sound quality. Mine was already installed on the only SWB DC on the lot, so I got it.

I honestly don't know how much I would use the steering wheel controls anyway since I don't even use them to control my stereo.

I forgot to add that mine is totally separate from my stereo. No display or anything else.

Products Discussed in

To Top