1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

bluetooth mounting

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by RDAY, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Oct 16, 2009 at 1:01 PM
    RDAY

RDAY [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    NY
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma SR5 4x4
    I bought a kenwood 5120 and I got the kenwood bluetooth for it where is the best place to mount the speaker and what did everyone do with the little black box?
    Also got the steering wheel control pac any tips for the instalation on that?
    Thanks

2. Oct 16, 2009 at 1:30 PM
    aces2

aces2 Senior Arshole

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Hampton, VA
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 RR AC 4x4
    Flowmaster 40, K&N CAI, RED brake light bulbs, BHLM, Rear dif breather line, Factory Skidplate painted BLACK, DRL's, YELLOW bulbs in Fogs Turn Signals and Marker lights, Custom "Toy Machine" center emblem, Sockmonkey "Nor-Cal" decals all BLACK, Redline tailgate damper and hood sruts, Painted steering wheel emblem BLACK, 12V always on, Foglight mod, 16" Pro-Comp 7089 rims BLACK powdercoated acorn lugnuts, BFG KM2's 285-75-16, Painted exhaust pipe BLACK, BLACK emblems all the way around, Rear BLACK bumper from base model, Radical RED "sport" grille-surround, Factory Toyota Bed extender, RED maglight mounted on each seat's side, TRD ball-type shift knob, Custom mounted Scangauge II under stereo, Aftermarket HU, Hardwired Garmin GPS 260W, TSB w/AAL and 2.5" 5100's, Weathertech floor liners, Removed front mud flaps, 95-04 "4WD" rear mudflaps, 3rd Brake light "TACO", BLACK front lip
    I myself use double sided tape.

When I get in the truck I just pick it up off the passenger seat and stick the mic directly onto my cheek. That way I KNOW everyone will be able to hear me. I make sure it goes on the left one too every time that way I KNOW people are looking at me talking on my fancy bluetooth every time someone passes me.

The cord to the mic only gets in the way of the steering wheel and turning safely about 40% of the time. So you MOSTLY are still making safe maneuvers.

When I'm not on a phone call, I just leave it taped to my face that way it's there and ready for my next call. :thumbsup:

When I'm done driving I just rip it off of my skin, toss it to my right onto the passenger seat, and check to see how many people noticed I had aftermarket bluetooth in my truck. There's normally a few people checking my shit out.

Then I make sure to walk away casually like I'm a Boss... make sure not to make any eye contact with anyone though.

Good luck! ;)

3. Oct 16, 2009 at 3:25 PM
    RDAY

RDAY [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    NY
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma SR5 4x4
    i already knew u liked to use the left cheek ur boyfriend told me thats where u like to get spanked. lol

Products Discussed in

To Top