1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bluetooth Phone Issues and Stereo Advice

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Wiscy Toy, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Aug 13, 2017 at 7:02 PM
    Wiscy Toy

Wiscy Toy [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Reedsburg, WI
    Hi y'all...

Riddle me this...

My bluetooth works fine for playing music but sounds like garbage when talking on the phone. I thought it was bad cell signal because it sounds just like that but if I flip it off of bluetooth and talk into the phone it is clear as a bell.

Pertinent info:
    2013 Taco
    Non JBL (lowest grade radio possible)
    iPhone 6S

Thinking about a new head unit and speakers but don't want to spend the dough if it isn't going to help anything. I have a bunch of Best Buy points to use up relatively soon before they expire, does anybody have any suggestions on what receiver and speakers from Best Buy I can switch to if I decide to make a purchase? Not trying to win any stereo contests, just want something that sounds good, is a little louder, and maintains the stock functions (steering wheel controls). HD radio would be nice and I have an XM subscription I haven't used since I bought the newer Taco but I'm not sold on XM anymore anyways so I had it transferred to my wife's 4Runner.

Products Discussed in

To Top