1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

body or suspension lift?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by theory13, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Jun 12, 2007 at 9:42 AM
    theory13

theory13 [OP] On a mission

Member:
    houston
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner DC
    Can anyone tell me if it is safe to go with a body lift and not a suspension lift? I just want to sit my 07 dbl cab up a little..maybe 2 to 3 inches so I can put wider rims and tires...not much taller but beefier rim and tire combo. Don't want to break the bank with expensive susp lift...any input would be a great help...thanks

2. Jun 12, 2007 at 9:46 AM
    2003greenbean

2003greenbean Carolina Alliance Costal Div

Member:
    socaste,sc
    Vehicle:
    03 trd
    cold air intake, step bars, custom grill, 3in lift,12 in audiobahn sub, 285/75/16 procomp tires, 20% tint,
    do you want it for bigger tires only or are you going to do alot of off roading if you are on the road most of the time a body lift is fine

3. Jun 12, 2007 at 9:56 AM
    theory13

Member:
    houston
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner DC
    Its a 2wd so off roading isn't that important...just want to make the truck sit a little higher to be able to put bigger tires and have no rubbing or trimming to do....thanks....

4. Jun 12, 2007 at 12:39 PM
    tucsontoast

tucsontoast Active Member

Member:
    Have you looked into the 2-3 inch suspension lifts? You can get one pretty cheap ( + or - $200) and they install quicker than a body lift (half day for most backyard tinkerers). They also use factory shocks. Alignment should be all that you need to get you back in biz. One thing though, they are designed for the 2wd offroad or the 4wd. Don't know about the regular 2wd. Find 'em on ebay. Good luck!

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  5. Jun 12, 2007 at 6:49 PM
    amocaT

amocaT Member

Member:
    Personally, I'm not a big fan of BL's. If I were to do one though I would check out Roger Brown's body lifts. He offers 1, 2 & 3" lifts w/ grade 8 hardware which, from what I researched, is the best quality for body lifts. Being cheap on a lift, especially a body lift, is a sure recipe for disaster. :eek:

I would recommend a good coilover system (Donahoes or Camburgs SAW 2.5) and possibly a AAL or new set of Deaver 8 leaf pack for the rear. Especially if you plan to keep the truck for any amount of time. Yes, this suspension system is going to cost you more but is much more safer and provides a great ride on the road too. If you do decide to do some trail running, etc. you will be set as well.

Save up and do it the right way. Just my .02 ;)

6. Jun 12, 2007 at 8:17 PM
    MarkC

MarkC Carolina Alliance: Warheads On Foreheads Division

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Yokota AB, Fussa-Shi, Japan
    Vehicle:
    99 4x4 SR5
    2 inch spacer in the front, and homemade add a leaf in the rear, billet grille, bull bar
    suspention lift.. i've destroyed frame spacers before.. thats just me tho

7. Jun 13, 2007 at 4:58 AM
    2003greenbean

2003greenbean Carolina Alliance Costal Div

Member:
    socaste,sc
    Vehicle:
    03 trd
    cold air intake, step bars, custom grill, 3in lift,12 in audiobahn sub, 285/75/16 procomp tires, 20% tint,
    its only 2wd he doesnt need anything hd

8. Jun 13, 2007 at 6:05 AM
    theory13

Member:
    houston
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner DC
    I have looked at the Toytec Pro basic lift with the coil spacers and the add a leaf...it seems that would be ideal for my Pre-Runner 2wd....I don't have to replace shocks or worry about the driveshaft if I go with that....now I just have to save up for wheels and tires...Maybe some Procomps w/ Toyo A/T's...thanks for the input

9. Jun 13, 2007 at 8:30 PM
    MarkC

MarkC Carolina Alliance: Warheads On Foreheads Division

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Yokota AB, Fussa-Shi, Japan
    Vehicle:
    99 4x4 SR5
    2 inch spacer in the front, and homemade add a leaf in the rear, billet grille, bull bar
    true, i broke mine on my old 78 ford mud truck on 40's so I guess theres a lttile difference!

Products Discussed in

To Top