1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

boostaroo ipod amp

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by emacpgh, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Sep 10, 2009 at 10:30 AM
    emacpgh

emacpgh [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    eric
    pittsburgh
    Vehicle:
    silver streak mica sr5 sport
    Aries stainless steel bull bar , afe pro dry s filter , secondary air filter removal, scangauge II
    i guess this one could have been in the audio section or product review section but i guess it sorta pertains to the 2nd gen with the aux port. the product(boostaroo, radio shack $29) claims to X2 your ipod or other mp3 volume. it definatly makes it much louder, X2 is debateable. i have my ipods power source and my gps hardwired into the fuse panel thanks to the good gps hardwireing writeup on this forum) and the aux cord run through the knockout next to aux input. i keep the boostaroo in the coin holder in front of the fuse panel. very clean, only about 3" of wire showing on each cord. i am satisfied with the amp, better sound than before, still isnt as loud as radio or cds though. my camera is broken (cheap ebay knockoff battery ruined it) but will get some pics when i borrow or buy a new camera.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Sep 10, 2009 at 2:10 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Have you tried using MP3Gain?

It's a program that allows you to change/set sound levels on the files directly.

Since a lot of music can 'vary' in sound levels, depending on where you get your files.... We ran all our music files through MP3 gain.

http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net/

3. Sep 10, 2009 at 2:15 PM
    emacpgh

emacpgh [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    eric
    pittsburgh
    Vehicle:
    silver streak mica sr5 sport
    Aries stainless steel bull bar , afe pro dry s filter , secondary air filter removal, scangauge II
    no i never thought of that. well i still have the receipt for the boostaroo. ill give her a try. thanks.

Products Discussed in

To Top