1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

bottoming out rear suspension **HELP**FRUSTRATED**

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by sully1981, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Oct 1, 2010 at 7:00 AM
    sully1981

sully1981 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 SPORT 4x4
    LS3 w/4L80, Solo XLT 19" 4WD Kit and 4-Link w/32" cycled, Caged, 41 gallon fuel cell, 2.5 bypass and coil-overs up front, 3.0 bypass and 2.5 coil-over in rear, PCI radio w/intercom and 5 headsets, 50" KC Gravity LED, Method Hole Wheels, Currie 9", 37x12.5x17 BAJA T/A, PRP Seats, Glassworks 1 piece, Fiberwerx Bedsides.
    Just want to say Deaver really took care of me!! No more bottoming out!! They added a extra leaf as well as arching whole pack up for little more lift and when I picked them up I talked with them a little more and they told me they usually don't tell people this but with all the extra leafs compared to stock it was perfectly fine for me to trim down my stock bump stop as long as I left enough there to not bottom out shock! They told me I could trim half of it off which would have been 1.5" but with only trimming 1" off it still gives me 5" of up travel till it hits and my shock still has plenty of space to not bottom out! Very happy today!!
    Driving to work today a spot on the fwy where I bottomed out everyday the truck just floated right over it! Thanks again for all the help on this one guys! Guess it's true that our trucks are like girls, everyone is different and u just have to figure out what works!! To anyone who has this problem don't hesitate to call Deaver and talk with them and explain your situation because I guess the work they did normally costs $200 but since I was a recent customer they provided great customer service by cutting the cost in half to make it right for my application!!!!

Smilin ear to ear feel like I got whole new truck!!!
    FINALLY

Till next time

2. Oct 17, 2011 at 6:54 PM
    zeropresence

zeropresence Well-Known Member

Member:
    SOLD the Tacoma. Landcruiser life now.
    I am same boat as you. I have mid travel in the front (camburg uca/fox c/o rr/fox bumps) and the rear I have stock springs and fox 2.0 rr shocks. I was going to get a pair of the j66 this week, but it sounds like I should just call Scott and ask for the "sully setup"? ha. It sounds exactly like what I want and was worried about.

Products Discussed in

To Top